NEWS
Tuesday July 21 2020
City haggle for Koulibaly?

Multiple Italian sources claim Manchester City want Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly, but are not prepared to meet the €80m price-tag.

According to Sky Sport Italia transfer expert Gianluca Di Marzio and Sportitalia pundit Alfredo Pedullà, agent Fali Ramadani had dinner with President Aurelio De Laurentiis.

At this meeting, a message was passed on from Manchester City that they were very interested in signing Koulibaly.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday July 16 2020
City eye Lautaro & Koulibaly

Manchester City are reportedly hoping to pull off a double Serie A swoop for Inter striker Lautaro Martinez and Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly.

City can go forward with their plans in the transfer market after their Champions League ban was lifted.

Now, Sky Sports claims they are ready to do battle with Barcelona for Martinez, who is ‘refusing to extend his contract’ with Inter.

As per the broadcaster, the English giants see him as ‘a potential long-term successor’ to Sergio Aguero, who recently turned 32.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday July 13 2020
Koulibaly: 'VAR must help us'

Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly has claimed it ‘didn’t look like a penalty’ as Milan picked up a point at the San Paolo and encouraged the Partenopei to ‘keep working like we are doing’.

Franck Kessie equalised from the penalty spot, as Milan came back to claim a point in Naples on Sunday  

After the match, Koulibaly claimed it’s ‘difficult’ for defenders to avoid giving away penalties in Serie A and calls for VAR to ‘help us’.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday July 12 2020
Report: Osimhen re-evaluates Napoli offer

According to the latest reports, Victor Osimhen will make a decision over the next 48 hours, but a new intermediary has helped smooth things over with Napoli.

The Lille forward has repeatedly asked for more time, as he feels undue pressure from his agent and entourage to accept the Partenopei proposal.

Our sources in Nigeria stated last week that he was ready to reject the move, not so much because of Napoli, but as an act of defiance against those close to him who were trying to orchestrate the transfer.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday July 11 2020
Koulibaly: 'Why all the transfer speculation?'

Kalidou Koulibaly told Napoli transfer target Victor Osimhen he’d have ‘no problems with racism’ in Naples and ‘can’t understand’ why he’s always linked with a move to other clubs.

The defender spoke to La Gazzetta dello Sport and you can read the rest of his interview here.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday July 11 2020
Koulibaly: 'I've made my decision'

Kalidou Koulibaly announces he has his heart set on retiring at Napoli but admits it is out of his hands. ‘We’ll see what the President decides to do.’

Koulibaly has been heavily linked with moves to the Premier League and Paris Saint-Germain at the end of the season, given he is now 29 and his resale value is falling.

However, the Senegalese made it clear he preferred to stay at Napoli if given the opportunity.

“My family are very happy here and that makes me happy,” he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday July 6 2020
Two-match ban for Soriano

The Disciplinary Commission has handed Bologna midfielder Roberto Soriano a two-match ban, whilst Napoli lose Kalidou Koulibaly and Diego Demme for the next game against Genoa.

Serie A’s Giudice Sportivo has banned the Rossoblu player for this week’s two games against Sassuolo and Parma.

He has been suspended for insulting the referee in the 57th minute of the 2-1 win against Inter, when both teams finished the match with 10 men.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday June 29 2020
Man City pushing for Koulibaly

Manchester City and not Liverpool are pushing Napoli for Kalidou Koulibaly, claim Italian reports, although the price-tag remains €100m.

According to Calciomercato.it, Pep Guardiola is determined to bring the Senegal international to the Etihad for next season.

Liverpool had long been linked, but Sky Sports UK claimed today that they are cutting down their transfer budget, as already seen by pulling out of the Timo Werner bidding war with Chelsea.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday June 29 2020
Mixed reports on Liverpool and Koulibaly

There are very different reports coming out of England on Liverpool interest in Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly.

Today’s edition of The Sun maintains that the Premier League champions are ‘confident’ of signing the Senegal international, whose price-tag has been set at €100m.

They would try to include Dejan Lovren as part of an exchange deal to lower the cost of the operation.

On the other hand, Sky Sports UK insist the Reds are not interested in making the purchase, as he is considered too expensive.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday June 21 2020
Liverpool way off Koulibaly price-tag

According to the Corriere dello Sport, Liverpool are offering €60m for Kalidou Koulibaly, but that’s a long way off Napoli’s €100m asking price.

The centre-back has been repeatedly linked with a move away from the Stadio San Paolo this summer, although the Partenopei have no intention of lowering his transfer valuation.

Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain were strong contenders, but Liverpool are now stepping up the pressure, as they want to form a sensational partnership with Virgil van Dijk.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds