NEWS
Wednesday May 6 2020
Sky: Newcastle want Koulibaly

Newcastle United’s interest in Kalidou Koulibaly is real and Napoli value the defender at €80m, reports Sky Sports.

Links between Newcastle and Koulibaly first surfaced in France last week, and Sky has now doubled down on the speculation.

As per the broadcaster, the Magpies will swoop for the 29-year-old if their Saudi takeover goes through.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday May 3 2020
Liverpool leading for Koulibaly

Napoli will not accept less than €100m for Kalidou Koulibaly, claim reports, with Liverpool leading the race ahead of Manchester United and Real Madrid.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Partenopei are prepared to consider offers for the Senegal international this summer.

However, their asking price will not go under €100m, which is already lower than the €120m they were demanding last year.

The same report states that Liverpool are the favourites, largely because they would also include Dejan Lovren as part of the package.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday April 27 2020
Newcastle 'prepare huge Koulibaly offer'

Newcastle United will reportedly offer Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly a €12m salary if their Saudi takeover goes through.

Negotiations between the Saudi Public Investment Fund and Newcastle are at an advanced stage, which could arm the Magpies with huge spending power.

The Arab backers already have eyes in Italy, with Calciomercato.it claiming yesterday that they were looking to reunite Luciano Spalletti and Radja Nainggolan.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday April 23 2020
Napoli up for Umtiti opportunity

Barcelona defender Samuel Umtiti is the first choice for Napoli as a replacement if Kalidou Koulibaly is sold, claims Spanish paper Sport.

There are multiple reports Koulibaly is likely to leave the Stadio San Paolo this summer, with Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester United and Real Madrid all showing interest.

The Partenopei need to scout a replacement and the prime target would seem to be Umtiti.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday April 23 2020
Report: ADL still wants €100m for Koulibaly

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis will reportedly demand €100m for Kalidou Koulibaly, regardless of the financial crisis in football.

Il Corriere dello Sport writes that De Laurentiis has no intensions of lowering the asking price for the Senegal international, amid interest from Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United.

The 28-year-old has been linked with a move away from the San Paolo this summer and the patron seems willing to part ways with the former KRC Genk star if the price is right.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday April 17 2020
Manolas: 'Gattuso keeps us going'

Kostas Manolas says Gennaro Gattuso is keeping the Napoli squad going during the coronavirus lockdown. “We have a special relationship.”

Napoli exited the Champions League and were sliding down the Serie A table when they sacked Carlo Ancelotti in December but won nine of their 15 games under Gattuso before the season came to a stop.

“There’s a great desire to start over from everyone,” Manolas told Radio Kiss Kiss.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday April 15 2020
United, City or PSG for Koulibaly

Kalidou Koulibaly will leave Napoli this summer for Manchester United, Manchester City or Paris Saint-Germain, according to La Repubblica.

Koulibaly has been at Napoli since 2014 and Aurelio De Laurentiis has resisted several big offers for the defender over the years.

However, La Repubblica claims De Laurentiis will finally relent at the end of the season, providing he receives a suitable bid.

The President once boasted of rejecting offers in the region of €100m, but the coronavirus pandemic seems to have put pay to that kind of figure.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday April 4 2020
Video: Napoli stars battle it out in TV quiz

Napoli teammates Lorenzo Insigne, Kalidou Koulibaly and Sebastiano Luperto faced off in a TV quiz hosted by Gomorrah star Salvatore Esposito.

Everyone is trying to fill the time during the lockdown and Napoli set up a video quiz that they transmitted on social media.

Esposito, who plays Genny Savastano, acted as host and quizmaster, although he did visibly help Insigne with some of the answers.

The players also revealed their favourite programmes: Insigne (Gomorrah), Koulibaly (Suits) and Luperto (Prison Break).

Disable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday April 2 2020
Napoli ramp up Pezzella pressure

Napoli are reportedly intensifying their pursuit of Fiorentina captain German Pezzella for next season.

According to Calciomercato.com, the negotiations have already begun with the Argentina international centre-back’s agent.

Fiorentina certainly won’t be eager to let him go, as the 28-year-old is not only a key figure in their defence, but also wears the captain’s armband.

Pezzella is recovering after testing positive for coronavirus, one of several Viola players who caught the highly-contagious illness.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday April 1 2020
Man Utd chase De Ligt and Koulibaly

Manchester United are reportedly preparing offers for Juventus defender Matthijs de Ligt and Napoli centre-half Kalidou Koulibaly.

ESPN reports that the Red Devils are prepared to make another attempt at signing De Ligt this summer, but it remains to be seen if Juventus are willing to listen to any offers for the Dutch starlet.

The 20-year-old arrived at the Allianz Stadium last summer and was rushed into play by an injury to captain Giorgio Chiellini and had a tough start to life in Turin.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds