NEWS
Tuesday July 7 2020
Moncini: 'Benevento targets Serie B record'

Benevento forward Gabriele Moncini has claimed the Stregoni target the record of points in Serie B this term.

Crotone ended Benevento’s unbeaten run of 22 games last Friday and the former SPAL attacker wants to bounce back immediately and targets Juventus’ record of 85 points in 2006-07.

“We must redeem the defeat to Crotone,” he told OttoChannel ahead of the next match against Venezia on Friday. “We have a record of points to beat, so I don’t see why we should stop winning.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday July 5 2020
Mandzukic: 'I am a free agent'

Mario Mandzukic has officially terminated his contract with Al-Duhail by mutual consent and is back on the market amid Benevento and Milan rumours.

There were suggestions the Croatia international striker would be coming back to Serie A after his Juventus experience, joining Pippo Inzaghi’s Benevento following promotion.

Milan had already shown interest in Mandzukic before his move to Qatar and he'd be a replacement for Zlatan Ibrahimovic next term.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday June 23 2020
Mandzukic ready to move on?

There are reports Mario Mandzukic could be heading back to Serie A, although Fenerbahce and Galatasaray are more likely options for the Al-Duhail striker.

The Croatia international only moved to Qatar in January as a free agent after four-and-a-half years at Juventus.

He is under contract until June 2021, but there are already rumours the 34-year-old is ready to walk away.

According to Calciomercato.it, a return to Serie A could be on the horizon, although Turkey is a more promising destination with both Galatasaray and Fenerbahce interested.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday June 22 2020
Del Piero: 'I would have kept Mandzo'

Former hero Alessandro Del Piero has claimed Juventus made a big mistake when they let Mario Mandzukic go: “I would have kept him all day.”

The former attacker spoke about the current difficulties at the Allianz Stadium, as Juventus have played two games without scoring after the resumption.

Juventus lost the Coppa Italia Final on penalties against Napoli and the former captain misses Mandzukic in the line-up.

“I would have kept him all day,” he told Sky Sport Italia. “For what he did and for how he does it.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday March 5 2020
'Benevento wanted Ibra and Mandzo'

Sporting director Pasquale Foggia has revealed that high-flying Benevento “wanted” Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Mario Mandzukic in January.

The sporting director, who retired from playing after a career including spells at Milan, Lazio, Cagliari and Sampdoria, has revealed that the President Oreste Vigorito has huge ambitions for the Streghe.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday February 27 2020
Giaccherini: 'Sarriball impossible with CR7'

Emanuele Giaccherini insists “it is impossible to play” Maurizio Sarri’s style of football at Juventus with Cristiano Ronaldo. “Mario Mandzukic would’ve been ideal.”

The Bianconeri lost the first leg of their Champions League Round of 16 tie with Lyon and there are still precious few signs of Sarriball even after seven months.

“The club made a specific choice by bringing in a coach who bases his football on quick passing, above all seen at Napoli,” said former Juve and Napoli player Giaccherini to DAZN.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday January 8 2020
Juve sell Kwang-Song Han to Al-Duhail

Juventus have officially sold North Korean forward Kwang-Song Han to Al-Duhail, where he joins Mario Mandzukic and Medhi Benatia.

The 21-year-old former Perugia and Cagliari player had been on loan in Sardinia until 2021, but that was interrupted early.

He had a medical over the weekend and this afternoon Al-Duhail announced the transfer was complete.

Han made history as the first North Korean to play and score in Serie A, achieving both in April 2017.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday January 2 2020
Mandzukic: 'A warrior all my life'

Mario Mandzukic admits “not playing was something new for me, but I’ve been a warrior all my life” as he leaves Juventus for Al-Duhail.

The Croatia international has now signed for Al-Duhail SC in the Qatar Stars League and held a presentation press conference.

“I had plenty of time to reflect on all the offers that I received and my long professional career in Europe made me think seriously about seeking another environment to continue working,” said the 33-year-old.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday December 29 2019
Mandzukic joins Al-Duhail

Mario Mandzukic has officially joined Al-Duhail after terminating his contract with Juventus. “This is one of the biggest clubs in Asia.”

The striker is a free agent after reaching an agreement to terminate his contract with the Bianconeri by mutual consent this week.

He arrived in Doha today this evening to complete the transfer and was photographed holding up the scarf of his new club.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday December 27 2019
Mandzukic: 'It's time for a new chapter'

During Christmas, Mario Mandzukic officially terminated his contract at Juventus and is ready for a move to Al Duhail in Qatar after four and a half years at the club.

When Maurizio Sarri arrived at the Allianz Arena last summer, it seemed like the former Croatia international would be heading for the door immediately, but a transfer during the summer never materialised.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds