NEWS
Friday March 19 2021
Joao Pedro: 'Semplici brought enthusiasm

Cagliari forward Joao Pedro said Leonardo Semplici has ‘brought serenity and enthusiasm’ and revealed Eusebio Di Francesco was ‘more rigid’.

Semplici has picked up seven points in four games after replacing the former Roma and Sampdoria coach, but Joao Pedro stressed the players had to ‘change pace’ too.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday March 7 2021
Semplici hails 'unthinkable' Cagliari start

Leonardo Semplici insists it would’ve been ‘unthinkable’ to start his Cagliari career with seven points from three games, so he’s holding on tight to a 2-2 draw against Sampdoria.

The Sardinians had been leading through Joao Pedro and hoping for a third consecutive victory, but considering Samp had turned it around through Bartosz Bereszynski and Manolo Gabbiadini scorchers, the Radja Nainggolan last-gasp equaliser was precious.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday February 23 2021
Semplici: 'Cagliari work is psychological'

Leonardo Semplici insists he won’t change many of Eusebio Di Francesco’s tactics at Cagliari, but ‘my job will be above all working on the mentality of the players.’

The former SPAL coach was drafted in on Monday after Di Francesco was fired, having failed to pick up a single Serie A victory since November 7.

“I found a team that is struggling in terms of morale after so many games without results, which saw their fortunes turn down rather than up,” said the coach in his press conference.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday February 22 2021
Official: Semplici new Cagliari coach

Cagliari have officially announced the appointment of Leonardo Semplici as their new head coach.

The Rossoblu sacked Eusebio Di Francesco today and only hours after Semplici had terminated his contractual ties to Serie B side SPAL, he has been announced as the new coach of the Sardinian side.

He arrives at Cagliari with the side at 18th in Serie A and five points away from safety.

“Cagliari Calcio announce that they have entrusted the technical leadership of the first team to Leonardo Semplici,” the club wrote.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday February 22 2021
Official: Cagliari sack Di Francesco

Cagliari have announced the sacking of Eusebio Di Francesco and the return of Stefano Capozucca as the club’s sporting director, while Leonardo Semplici is ready to become the Sardinians' new coach.

Cagliari sit 18th in the Serie A table with 15 points in 23 games. They won their last League game back in November and this morning the club confirmed the sacking of Di Francesco.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday February 21 2021
Semplici reaches agreement with Cagliari

According to Gianluca Di Marzio, Leonardo Semplici has reached an agreement with Cagliari and will become the new coach of the Sardinians.

Di Francesco is set to be sacked with Cagliari sitting 18th in the Serie A table.

The Sardinians have only won three of their 23 Serie A games this season and their last victory is dated back to November 7.

Cagliari are expected to announce the sacking of Di Francesco and the arrival of the former Spal coach in the coming hours.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday February 20 2021
Cagliari discuss big changes

Cagliari are not only discussing a new coach to replace Eusebio Di Francesco, but also the return of director Stefano Capozucca.

The Sardinians are without a win since November 7 and have amassed five points in their last 16 Serie A games.

Last night’s 1-0 home defeat to Torino may well have been the final straw for President Tommaso Giulini, who had backed Di Francesco so much that he extended his contract last month in a show of faith.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Di Francesco’s time is up and the club is searching for a new coach.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday February 19 2021
Cagliari silence after Torino defeat

Cagliari decided to not speak to the press after the 1-0 defeat to Torino and coach Eusebio Di Francesco’s position seems uncertain.

Nobody came to talk to the press after the narrow loss to the Granata, who increased the gap down to 18th-placed Rossoblu on Friday night.

Bremer’s header separated the sides on the night and the reflections at the Casteddu are underway.

SportItalia reports President Tommaso Giulini could also decide to sack coach Di Francesco, who was brought in to replace Walter Zenga last summer.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday February 18 2021
Di Francesco must assess Nainggolan

Cagliari coach Eusebio Di Francesco said the Rossoblu ‘obviously want to beat’ Torino on Friday and hopes to have Radja Nainggolan available.

The Rossoblu are desperate for points and hopes to have Radja Nainggolan and Luca Ceppitelli on the pitch for the six-pointer against Torino tomorrow.

“For Nainggolan, we’ll wait for training tonight,” Di Francesco said at a press conference. “Both him and Ceppitelli trained with the team and I hope to recover them and maybe even field both of them.”

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday February 17 2021
Cagliari in retreat until Friday

Cagliari are desperate for points and have reportedly entered a retreat ahead of the match against Torino on Friday night.

The Rossoblu are 18th in Serie A after back-to-back defeats to Lazio and Atalanta in the League, and pressure mounts on coach Eusebio Di Francesco.

Reports in Italy claim he has one last chance against struggling Torino and a win over Davide Nicola’s men would see the Rossoblu climb out of the relegation zone.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds