NEWS
Friday December 13 2019
Magnanelli: 'San Siro motivates us'

Sassuolo skipper Francesco Magnanelli has warned Milan that San Siro gives his side “extra motivation” ahead of Sunday’s encounter.

Magnanelli spoke to Gazzetta dello Sport reporters during the club’s visit to a local hospital, and the 35-year-old believes Sassuolo are ready to take on a Milan side who seem to have turned a corner.

“To play at San Siro always give us extra motivation,” he said, Gazzetta dello.

“But we know that it will be a different game than it would have been a few weeks ago.”

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday October 28 2019
Ribery banned for three games

Franck Ribery has been suspended for three games following his conduct in the aftermath of Fiorentina's controversial 2-1 loss against Lazio.

In the build-up to Lazio's second goal, Jordan Lukaku appeared to foul Fiorentina winger Riccardo Sottil.

That led to remonstrations and calls for referee Marco Guida to look at VAR, but he failed to do so.

Ribery contested the decision after the game and went on to push match official Matteo Passeri.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday May 28 2019
Serie A hands out nine bans

Sassuolo forward Domenico Berardi and eight others have been given bans for the first matchday of the 2019-20 Serie A campaign.

The FIGC’s Giudice Sportivo has handed out its final punishments of the season following Week 38’s fixtures.

Berardi joins teammate Francesco Magnanelli, Inter pair Keita Balde Diao and Ivan Perisic, Empoli duo Filippo Perucchini and Marko Pajac, Milan’s Tiemoue Bakayoko, Chievo’s Fabio Depaoli and Atalanta’s Josip Ilicic in being forced to sit out the opening round of next season.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday May 18 2019
De Zerbi: 'Sassuolo can do better'

Roberto De Zerbi felt Sassuolo could’ve done better after a draw with Roma. “We haven’t scored nearly enough goals this season.”

The Neroverdi have been comfortably mid-table for weeks, but that hasn’t stopped them throwing a spanner in the works for teams in the race for Europe, pushing Torino all the way in a 3-2 defeat and this evening holding Roma to a goalless draw.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday October 10 2018
New Magnanelli contract at Sassuolo

Sassuolo captain Francesco Magnanelli has extended his contract with the Serie A club until June 2021.

It is practically a lifetime contract for the midfielder, who turns 34 next month.

He has been at the Mapei Stadium since 2005, having previously played for Gubbio, Chievo, Fiorentina and Sangiovannese.

Magnanelli saw Sassuolo all the way from Serie C to the Europa League, making 412 appearances for the club.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday June 21 2017
Sassuolo 'keep Acerbi and Berardi'

Sassuolo confirm they have rejected a Galatasaray offer for Francesco Acerbi and “want to keep” both the defender and Domenico Berardi.

“It’s true, Galatasaray made a proposal, but we did not accept it,” director of sport Giovanni Carnevali told Sky Sport Italia.

“We want to keep him with us next season, but clearly many things must be decided by the player. We certainly won’t accept offers that are below his real worth.”

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday January 25 2017
Matri: 'Sorry I failed at Milan'

Former Milan striker Alessandro Matri has apologised for 'disappointing the team' where he grew up.

In his second spell with the club, he scored just once, but what was the best goal of his career?

"It was the one I scored for Juventus in the Coppa Italia final when we beat Lazio," Matri told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"My best Coach? My ties to [Massimiliano] Allegri are well-known, I have a relationship with him that goes beyond the pitch.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday December 24 2016
Aquilani agrees Sassuolo switch

Alberto Aquilani has agreed terms for a move to Sassuolo after just six months at Pescara, according to reports.

Sky Sport Italia and other sources suggest the deal is done and the 32-year-old will make the move on loan for six months.

It had originally been claimed he would terminate his contract by mutual consent and sign a new deal with the Neroverdi, but that might not be necessary.

Sassuolo are in dire need of an experienced midfielder after Magnanelli was ruled out for the rest of the season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday December 15 2016
Season over for Magnanelli

Francesco Magnanelli’s season is practically over after the Sassuolo captain underwent anterior cruciate ligament surgery.

The midfielder tore the ACL in his left knee during a 2-1 defeat to Fiorentina on Monday night.

A statement confirmed Magnanelli had the operation in Milan this morning.

His anterior cruciate ligament was reconstructed and the surgery was successful.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday December 13 2016
Raft of injuries for Sassuolo

Sassuolo are once again decimated by injuries, with Francesco Magnanelli rupturing his cruciate ligament.

The Neroverdi were already without Domenico Berardi, Matteo Politano, Alfred Duncan, Timo Letschert and Davide Biondini for the Fiorentina game, with Emanuele Terranova a late call-off.

Today the club has released its medical report, and Eusebio Di Francesco’s side will be even further depleted when Inter come calling at the weekend.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds