NEWS
Monday September 16 2019
Napoli: Milik back for Liverpool

Napoli have Arkadiusz Milik back against Liverpool, who are without Divock Origi and possibly Andy Robertson.

Milik had been missing for the past month with an abdominal injury, but the striker has been passed fit for the visit of Liverpool tomorrow.

However, Elseid Hysaj is out and Gianluca Gaetano has been reserved by the club’s Primavera side, who take on the Reds in the UEFA Youth League.

As for the Champions League holders, Robertson has travelled to Naples but will require a fitness test in the morning.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday September 13 2019
Ancelotti: Everyone back for Napoli

Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed that Arkadiusz Milik and Lorenzo Insigne are available for Napoli’s Serie A match against Sampdoria tomorrow.

Milik and Insigne had been struggling with injury, but Ancelotti announced before the game that the two forwards were in his plans, as was new boy Fernando Llorente. 

“They’ll all be available,” he said at a Press conference.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday September 11 2019
Milik to miss Liverpool & Samp

Arkadiusz Milik is expected to miss Napoli’s upcoming matches against Sampdoria and Liverpool as he continues to nurse a muscle injury.

Milik has been out of action since August 10 and appeared to be closing in on a return.

However, Sky Sport Italia and Sport Mediaset both report the striker will only resume training on Monday.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday September 11 2019
'Milik-Llorente better than Icardi!'

Aurelio De Laurentiis believes Napoli are better off with Arkadiusz Milik and Fernando Llorente over Mauro Icardi, who has it ‘easier’ at Paris Saint-Germain.

Napoli are expected to vie for the Scudetto with Juventus and Inter this season, but De Laurentiis revealed he tried to take Antonio Conte before Carlo Ancelotti.

“I can’t talk about the other teams because it’s too early to assess their strengths,” he told Corriere dello Sport.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday September 9 2019
Milik set for return & new deal?

Arkadiusz Milik could finally return for Napoli this weekend as it is reported he is close to signing a new contract.

Milik has been missing in action for Napoli due to a muscle problem and was linked with several moves away over the summer.

However, Il Mattino assures the striker missed out on the international break with Poland so he could get fit for Saturday’s Serie A match against Sampdoria.

Furthermore, the newspaper writes talks are ongoing to extend his current deal, which expires in 2021.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday September 8 2019
Llorente to get Napoli debut?

Napoli are taking no risks with Lorenzo Insigne or Arek Milik, so Fernando Llorente could debut against Sampdoria.

Both Insigne and Milik are struggling with muscular issues that ruled them out of international duty.

With the Champions League showdown against Liverpool coming up, La Gazzetta dello Sport claim Carlo Ancelotti is taking it easy with his two strikers.

The plan is therefore to rest them for next weekend’s Serie A encounter with Sampdoria.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday August 22 2019
Careca: Icardi can go to hell!

Napoli hero Careca has insisted that Mauro Icardi ‘can go to hell’ if he does not want to join, while backing Arkadiusz Milik to reach 30 goals this season.

Napoli have reportedly given Icardi until Thursday to accept their offer, prompting Careca to hit out at how the Inter striker has made his former club wait.

“Are we really still waiting for his answer? If he doesn’t want to come, he can go to hell,” the 58-year-old told Il Mattino.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
BLOG ITALIA
Tuesday August 20 2019
Make the right move, Maurito

Napoli are tailor-made for a clinical finisher like Mauro Icardi and all roads lead to the San Paolo, but Giancarlo Rinaldi fears he’ll waste this too.

As a failed former striker of mediocre repute, there are few things I find more frustrating than watching talent go to waste. Most of us - spectators, supporters or scribes - have harboured some dreams of swapping places with the stars who set foot on the fields of Serie A, La Liga or the Premiership. To watch gifts like those given to Mauro Icardi being apparently frittered away has the horrible feeling of seeing your best bottle of Barolo going glug-glug-glugging down the drain.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday August 18 2019
Napoli set Icardi ultimatum

Napoli have reportedly given Mauro Icardi until Wednesday to accept a transfer, but the Inter striker is still waiting for Juventus.

The Partenopei would find it relatively simple to agree terms with Inter at €60m plus bonuses or with Arkadiusz Milik going the other way and around €10m.

The main sticking point, as it has been all summer, is that Icardi is refusing to leave for anyone except Juventus.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday August 17 2019
Napoli try to convince Icardi

Napoli have offered €60m plus bonuses for Mauro Icardi and could even include Arkadiusz Milik in a swap deal, but the player remains hesitant.

Icardi has rejected all options other than Juventus so far this summer, even after he was frozen out of the Inter squad and told publicly on several occasions that he was not part of their plans.

Now the situation around Icardi has changed considerably over the last few days and that gives Napoli a very big opportunity to convince him.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds