NEWS
Thursday August 3 2017
Milan plan Chinese expansion

It’s believed Milan are planning to create a football school and other facilities in China.

The Rossoneri were bought over by a consortium led by Yonghong Li in April, and have spent over €200m in the transfer market already this summer.

According to La Repubblica, their plans aren’t simply limited to buying players though, and the Diavolo are planning to expand in China.

The newspaper speaks of a 39 page document outlining plans for a ‘Milan Village’ in China, with a hotel, a museum, shops and a restaurant.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday July 30 2017
Galliani glad Milan spending

Former Milan CEO Adriano Galliani is glad they “sold the club to a buyer who is engaging in an important summer of transfer activity.”

He had been at the helm since Silvio Berlusconi bought Milan on the verge of bankruptcy in 1986.

After many delayed attempts at a takeover, Yonghong Li completed the purchase and has spent over €211m on the market this summer.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday July 28 2017
Pallotta: ‘Milan, I’m sorry’

Roma President James Pallotta apologises if he has “inaccurate information” about Milan’s takeover.

The Giallorossi patron caused a stir last night when he claimed the Diavolo had “lost their minds”, stating they’d taken a high interest loan close to €300m.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday July 21 2017
Fassone: ‘Scudetto not impossible’

Marco Fassone says the Scudetto is “almost impossible” for Milan this season but “I leave the door open to anything”.

The Rossoneri have spent big this summer in an effort to return to the Champions League, with many suggesting they could even win Serie A for the first time since 2011.

“As a Milan man, I need to think about that,” Fassone told Gazzetta dello Sport.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday July 16 2017
Fassone: 'Top stars ask about Milan'

Milan CEO Marco Fassone reveals the star-studded spending spree means “top players at international level are asking for information on our project.”

The Rossoneri have dominated the transfer market this summer with over €211m spent on new players, including Leonardo Bonucci, Andre Silva, Hakan Calhanoglu, Ricardo Rodriguez, Franck Kessie and Andrea Conti.

“It is our responsibility to build an extraordinary Milan,” said Fassone at a Press conference in China.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday June 22 2017
Report: China investigates Milan deal

China’s bank regulator has reportedly ordered an investigation into overseas investments, including the takeover of Milan.

The club was bought over by Rossoneri Sport Investment earlier this year, backed by the Chinese investor Yonghong Li.

The new owners have already flexed their financial muscle on the transfer market, signing Mateo Musacchio, André Silva, Ricardo Rodriguez and Franck Kessié.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
BLOG ITALIA
Wednesday June 14 2017
Milan can dare to dream

The last couple of weeks have made Milan fans like Susy Campanale almost afraid to feel optimistic again. Is it safe to hope?

Milanisti were not always pessimistic by nature. Those old of us to remember a club that was on the brink of bankruptcy had within a few years of Silvio Berlusconi’s reign become the dominant force in world football, to this day arguably the greatest team there has ever been in the sport. We also learned from watching neighbours Inter that the influx of Chinese cash doesn’t necessarily promise success.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday June 13 2017
Milan aim to double revenues

The business plan submitted to UEFA by Milan has allegedly been leaked, with aims to more than double revenues in five years.

The Rossoneri have been taken over by Rossoneri Sport Luxembourg, funded by Yonghong Li and other Chinese investors.

The new owners have wasted no time in recruiting players, with Franck Kessié, Ricardo Rodriguez, Mateo Musacchio and André Silva coming in, and Andrea Conti, Lucas Biglia and Nikola Kalinic potentially set to follow.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday June 10 2017
Questions over Milan FFP report

UEFA rejected Milan’s Financial Fair Play plan because there are questions over economic sustainability and revenue from merchandising.

The new owners, led by Yonghong Li, presented their plan to UEFA this week, but then withdrew it and will present a new version in October.

Considering their spending spree on Mateo Musacchio, Franck Kessie and Ricardo Rodriguez, are the books genuinely balanced?

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday May 23 2017
China releases Milan funds?

It’s reported the Chinese government could relax rules on foreign investment, allowing investors to join the Milan project.

Yonghong Li had led a consortium called Sino-Europe Sports to take over the Rossoneri, but the Beijing government imposed limitations on taking capital out of the country.

SES was therefore dissolved, with a new company, Rossoneri Sport Investment, formed to complete the takeover with the help of US hedge fund Elliott Management.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds