NEWS
Thursday May 26 2011
Napoli dismiss Hamsik rumours

Napoli chief Aurelio De Laurentiis has shot down reports that Milan are preparing to launch an audacious bid to sign Marek Hamsik. "We're not a supermarket."

La Gazzetta dello Sport today claimed that Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi had given the go-ahead to make a €30m offer.

However, contacted by Marte Sport Live, Azzurri chief De Laurentiis dismissed the speculation.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday May 26 2011
Pazienza almost a Juve player

Napoli's Michele Pazienza is on the verge of becoming Juventus' third signing ahead of the 2011-12 campaign.

The Old Lady have already netted Andrea Pirlo from Milan and Sampdoria's Reto Ziegler on free transfers this week.

Now Juve are expected to complete their hat-trick of Bosmans with Pazienza who is out of contract next month.

Pazienza, born in 1982, is a combative midfielder who has been unable to reach agreement over a contract extension at the Stadio San Paolo.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday May 25 2011
Santana paired with Napoli

Mario Alberto Santana could be playing his football at Napoli's Stadio San Paolo next season.

The Argentine winger is likely to leave Fiorentina this summer once his contract in Tuscany expires.

He's been linked with a variety of sides, but the 29-year-old could end up at Serie A surprise package Napoli.

The Azzurri are looking to strengthen their squad ahead of next season, a campaign which will see them take part in the Champions League.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday May 25 2011
Lavezzi has English admirers

The agent of Ezequiel Lavezzi has claimed that the Napoli player is being watched by a number of Italian and English clubs.

Alejandro Mazzone revealed as much in an interview with Radio CRC when questioned about the future of the Argentine.

"I can't confirm or deny an offer from Tottenham," the representative stated. "English sides are following him though.

"I also know that two or three Italian outfits are also interested in Lavezzi, but there is nothing concrete.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday May 25 2011
Giovinco 'perfect for Napoli'

Sebastian Giovinco “would be perfect for Napoli and Walter Mazzarri's system,” said his agent.

The player is half owned by Parma and Juventus, but could well go looking for Champions League football next season.

“There have been no genuine negotiations with Napoli yet, but naturally it would be normal for them to have an interest in Sebastian,” Claudio Pasqualin told Radio Kiss Kiss.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday May 24 2011
Mazzarri stays at Napoli after U-turn

Walter Mazzarri has been confirmed as the Napoli boss for next season after holding peace talks with owner Aurelio De Laurentiis.

The latter was understood to be on the verge of replacing Mazzarri with Gian Piero Gasperini yesterday, until an agreement to continue was reached last night.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday May 24 2011
Napoli reveal transfer strategy

Napoli chief Aurelio De Laurentiis has revealed his plans for the summer transfer market after making peace with boss Walter Mazzarri.

The Azzurri chief was close to sacking Mazzarri on Monday until crisis talks were held yesterday evening.

"I said that I would discuss the Mazzarri matter at the end of the season and I did," he told Marte Sport Live.

"We met and cleared things up, fortifying our relationship. The Mazzarri case is one which opened at 4pm yesterday and closed at 6pm.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday May 24 2011
Mazzarri 'had been sacked'

Goran Pandev's agent hinted at a move from Inter to Napoli and revealed “Walter Mazzarri had effectively been sacked on Monday.”

Carlo Pallavicino is one the ‘men in the know' of Italian football and gave some behind the scenes information on Mazzarri's decision to stay at the Stadio San Paolo.

“Yesterday the affair seriously irritated President Aurelio De Laurentiis,” he told Radio Gol.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
BLOG ITALIA
Tuesday May 24 2011
Goalkeeper of the season

With the season over, it's time for Football Italia to start handing out player awards. Antonio Labbate kicks things off with the campaign's best 'keeper

Just 32 minutes had passed at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza when Lucio made it 3-0. Napoli were in disarray, cruelly dismembered by a Jose Mourinho side that would, eight months later, go on to win the treble of the Scudetto, Champions League and Coppa Italia.

Inter's undeniable strength was of little concern to Napoli chief Aurelio De Laurentiis on that September 2009 evening. The Azzurri's first half display was simply not reflective of a side that he had invested €47m on. And he was in a hurry to let the team know it.

NEWS
Monday May 23 2011
Napoli: Mazzarri out, Gasperini in?

Whispers in Italy that Napoli will replace Walter Mazzarri with Gian Piero Gasperini are getting louder.

Mazzarri's future at the San Paolo is in doubt after he refused to commit himself to the Azzurri despite leading them into the Champions League.

After talks between the Coach and President Aurelio De Laurentiis, it is being claimed that Mazzarri will now be dismissed.

The theory being suggested is that the unimpressed Napoli owner will sack the former Sampdoria tactician in favour of hiring Gasperini.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds