NEWS
Thursday November 12 2020
Pandev sends Macedonia to Euro 2020

Genoa striker Goran Pandev has made history by scoring the goal that allows North Macedonia to beat Georgia in the play-offs and qualify for Euro 2020.

The 37-year-old was on target 56 minutes into the one-off clash at the Dinamo Arena in Tbilisi.

Georgia had the better of the first half, but Macedonia took control after the break and made it count with Pandev, who finished with the outside of the boot.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday November 12 2020
Bennacer 'was set for Napoli'

Empoli President Fabrizio Corsi reveals that before Milan made their swoop, Ismael Bennacer ‘was ready to join Napoli’ until the club pulled out.

The Algeria international was a bargain in the summer of 2019 for €16m plus up to €2m in bonuses, as his transfer value is now considered closer to €40-50m.

“I enjoy seeing our former players doing so well, such as Giovanni Di Lorenzo in the Italy squad, or Bennacer impressing at Milan,” Corsi told Radio Kiss Kiss.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday November 12 2020
De Paul: 'I want Champions League football'

Rodrigo De Paul sends a warning to Udinese, as he would ‘like to play in the Champions League and the World Cup,’ so could move on soon.

The Argentina international had already been close to an exit over the summer with Leeds United in advanced negotiations, but the €40m asking price proved an obstacle.

Now De Paul tells newspaper La Nacion that if he is to leave Udinese, it’s going to be for a club with significantly higher ambitions than Leeds.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday November 12 2020
Inter’s plan for Milik and Maksimovic

Inter are reportedly willing to sign Arek Milik either in January or at the end of the season and have set sights on Nikola Maksimovic who can also leave Napoli as a free agent.

The contract of both Napoli players expire at the end of the season and according to Tuttosport, Inter are willing to sign them both.

Milik is a long-time target of the Nerazzurri and the Poland striker is destined to leave Napoli in the January transfer window as he’s been left out of the Azzurri's Serie A and Europa League squad lists.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday November 11 2020
Parma 'never dreamed of not travelling'

Parma director Marcello Carli insists the club ‘never dreamed of not travelling’ for their Serie A matches even with eight COVID-19 cases.

The protocol agreed by all the Serie A sides before the 2020-21 season kicked off was made to ensure the competition could reach a natural conclusion.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday November 11 2020
Lawyer: 'Napoli will never give up'

Napoli lawyer Mattia Grassani warns they will ‘never give up’ after the ‘extraordinarily harsh’ FIGC appeal ruling on their abandoned Juventus match.

The club was docked one point and the 3-0 win handed to Juve after Napoli failed to attend the Serie A match in Turin on October 4.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday November 11 2020
Maradona dismissed from hospital

Napoli legend Diego Maradona is going to be dismissed from the hospital today. ‘He has overcome the most difficult and delicate moment of his life,’ said his lawyer.

Maradona underwent brain surgery on November 4 and spent eight days in a clinic in Olivos.

"He has overcome the most difficult and delicate moment of his life," Maradona’s lawyer Matias Morla said.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday November 10 2020
New-look Italy against Estonia

Italy are expected to field a completely transformed starting XI in tomorrow’s Estonia friendly, including Sandro Tonali, Vincenzo Grifo and Alessandro Bastoni.

It kicks off on Wednesday at 19.45 GMT at the Stadio Artemio Franchi in Florence.

This is the first of three Italy games that will be played over the break for international duty, although the friendly will have a completely different squad to the one facing Poland and Bosnia-Herzegovina in the Nations League.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday November 10 2020
Napoli: 'Unacceptable' appeal rejection

Napoli released a statement assuring they will ‘follow every legal avenue’ after their appeal against the 3-0 forfeit defeat to Juventus was rejected, using ‘unacceptable’ criticism of their conduct.

“SSC Napoli is already at work preparing an appeal to the Collegio di Garanzia dello Sport of the CONI,” read a statement.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday November 10 2020
Official: Napoli appeal rejected

Napoli’s appeal against the 3-0 result handed to Juventus by default and one-point penalty has been rejected, as it is ruled they did break the COVID-19 protocol by refusing to travel.

The Partenopei had failed to attend the Serie A fixture in Turin on October 4 after receiving a note from the local health authority (ASL) ordering them to remain in self-isolation.

That was because they had two positive COVID-19 cases, for Piotr Zielinski and Eljif Elmas.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds