NEWS
Sunday August 25 2019
Boban: 'Milan logic, not fireworks'

Milan director Zvonimir Boban warns “it will take time, with logical choices rather than fireworks, but we will get back to the top. A low profile is not a lack of ambition.”

Former player Boban quit his job with FIFA to join Paolo Maldini and Ivan Gazidis in running the Rossoneri after chaotic spells under Marco Fassone, Massimiliano Mirabelli and Leonardo.

“It’ll take time, with logical choices rather than the pointless fireworks we saw in recent years, but we will get back to the top,” he told the Corriere della Sera newspaper.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday August 12 2019
Report: Monaco consider Mirabelli

Former Milan sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli is reportedly in contention for the vacancy at Monaco.

Monaco are looking for a new director of sport after they parted with Michael Emenalo on Sunday.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Mirabelli is a candidate and has the support of Jorge Mendes, who is known for his close ties to the Ligue 1 club.

The Italian, who turns 50 on Thursday, has been out of work since leaving Milan last year.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday August 1 2019
Fassone: 'Bonucci mistake, CR7 interested'

Ex-Milan CEO Marco Fassone confessed signing Leonardo Bonucci “was a mistake” and that Cristiano Ronaldo was open to joining them, but defended his choices.

The director was at the helm during Yonghong Li’s brief and doomed experience in charge, before the Chinese patron defaulted on loans and the club was repossessed by US hedge fund Elliott Management.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday August 1 2019
Fassone: 'Yonghong underestimated Milan'

Former Milan CEO Marco Fassone insists Yonghong Li “underestimated the task of repaying the loan, but the final balance was ultimately positive.”

Fassone was placed in charge when Chinese businessman Yonghong Li purchased the club from Silvio Berlusconi for €740m, ending a 30-year reign, and continued to reassure fans that there were no financial problems.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday June 17 2019
Berlusconi: 'Milan didn't hire professionals'

Silvio Berlusconi has blamed not Yonghong Li, but Marco Fassone and Massimiliano Mirabelli for Milan’s failure. “I thought he’d hire real professionals.”

The brief spell under the Chinese businessman was disastrous, because he failed to keep up with loan repayments and the club was effectively repossessed by US hedge fund Elliott Management.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday May 27 2019
Gattuso-Giampaolo job swap?

Fiorentina and Sampdoria are mentioned as possible destinations once Gennaro Gattuso leaves Milan, possibly in a job swap with Marco Giampaolo.

Sky Sport Italia and others report this evening that Gattuso and CEO Ivan Gazidis decided to part company in a meeting.

It will be a termination by mutual consent, with the Coach giving up 90 per cent of the salary he’d still be owed for a contract to June 2021.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday March 28 2019
Mirabelli: I beat Raiola

Ex-Milan sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli claims he will go down in history as the only person to have ‘beaten’ Mino Raiola.

Mirabelli was Milan’s sporting director when Donnarumma signed his last contract in the summer of 2017, although it was not without controversy as Raiola regularly threatened to find a new club for the goalkeeper.

“Donnarumma’s renewal with Milan was a masterstroke. We didn’t pay any commission,” he told Libero.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday March 19 2019
Mirabelli: Inter too soft on Icardi

Massimiliano Mirabelli believes Inter have been too soft on Mauro Icardi. “I wouldn’t have let him step foot at San Siro either.”

Mirabelli knows Icardi well, having been Inter’s chief scout before he became Milan’s sporting director in the summer of 2017, although the 49-year-old is currently out of work.

“In my opinion, it’s true that Inter played well and always had a two-goal advantage, but I saw a Milan side who did well,” he told Sportitalia, referring to Sunday’s Derby della Madonnina.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday March 19 2019
Mirabelli: Disappointed in Calha

Former Milan sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli admits he has been left ‘a bit disappointed’ by Hakan Calhanoglu but insists Suso ‘can’t be questioned’.

Calhanoglu was one of Mirabelli’s big-money buys at Milan in the summer of 2017, but the attacking midfielder is generally considered to have performed below expectations at San Siro.

“Calhanoglu? I’m a bit disappointed in him. He had a good game on Sunday, but overall I expected more from him,” Mirabelli told Sportitalia.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday March 9 2019
Mirabelli on Gattuso, Milan and Icardi

Massimiliano Mirabelli claims Milan’s Chinese patrons “almost fainted when I chose Gennaro Gattuso,” while Mauro Icardi “relies too much on Wanda.”

The director spoke to Radio Deejay this morning about his time working with former Rossoneri President Yonghong Li, who defaulted on loan repayments, before the club was effectively repossessed by Elliott Management.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds