NEWS
Thursday September 17 2015
Abate: ‘Balotelli can be main man’

Ignazio Abate believes Milan teammate Mario Balotelli can be a ‘protagonist’ for the rest of the season.

The forward has returned the Rossoneri after an unsuccessful spell with Liverpool, and Abate took the time to praise him in an interview with Milan Channel.

“Mario is doing great in training, and he was good in the derby,” the full-back explained.

“I’m sure that from here until the end he can be a protagonist, although we don’t want to put too much responsibility on him.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday July 29 2015
Abate: 'Comeback next month'

Ignazio Abate hopes to make his Milan comeback next month, but acknowledges the need for patience.

The Rossoneri face the Spanish giants in China tomorrow, as part of their pre-season preparations, a match the Italian international had initially targeted for his comeback.

However, the full-back is now aiming to be involved in the Audi Cup, which will see the Diavolo compete with Los Merengues, Bayern Munich and Tottenham Hotspur on August 4 and 5.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday July 24 2015
Abate: ‘Milan for life’

Ignazio Abate reveals ‘my intention is to end my career at Milan’, and hopes to play against Real Madrid.

The Italian international signed a new contract with the Rossoneri last month, which will see him remain at San Siro until 2019.

“I’ve been fortunate enough to renew with Milan,” Abate said in a Press conference on the pre-season tour of China.

“My intention is to end my career at Milan, but in football you never know. My plan is to end it here, where I matured.”

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday June 17 2015
Milan to meet Kondogbia

Milan CEO Adriano Galliani will reportedly have dinner with Monaco’s Geoffrey Kondogbia tomorrow evening.

The midfielder is wanted by numerous top clubs, including Inter and Arsenal, with a price-tag of around €35m.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Galliani will have dinner with Kondogbia and his agents in Monte Carlo on Thursday to discuss a move.

The transfer guru is even skipping the wedding of Milan full-back Ignazio Abate because he is on a ‘mission’ for the club.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday June 11 2015
Official: Abate renews with Milan

Ignazio Abate has renewed his Milan contract, and will now stay at San Siro until 2019.

The 28-year-old’s current deal was due to expire at the end of the month, but the Rossoneri have today announced that the full-back has signed a four-year extension.

“The club announce that Ignazio Abate has prolonged his contract until 30 June, 2019,” a short statement on the club’s website announced.

The terms of the deal have not yet become clear, with the Italian previously earning around €1.8m per season.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday May 11 2015
Abate nears Milan renewal

Ignazio Abate is believed to be close to signing a new three-year deal to stay at Milan.

The Italian international made his 200th appearance for the Rossoneri during Saturday’s win over Roma, and it appears he will get the opportunity to significantly expand that tally.

Mediaset reports that the 28-year-old will be given a pay increase, upping his salary for €1.8m per year to €2.5m. His current deal was due to expire in June.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday April 15 2015
Abate: ‘Win derby for fans’

Milan full-back Ignazio Abate says they want to win the Derby della Madonnina for the club’s fans.

The Rossoneri face local rivals Inter on Sunday night in the Milan derby, a game in which the loser would be all-but guaranteed no European football next season.

“It won’t be the same derby of a few years ago,” Abate admitted to Sky, recalling the days when the fixture would have been a Scudetto showdown.

“But we won’t be lacking in motivation. We want to bring happiness the the club and our fans.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday March 29 2015
Abate and Santon for England

Ignazio Abate and Davide Santon have been added to the Italy squad for Tuesday’s friendly with England.

It kicks off on Tuesday at the Juventus Stadium in Turin at 19.45 UK time.

Inter full-back Santon was already called in last night after a 2-2 European qualifier in Bulgaria.

This morning Milan’s Abate also received a call for this prestigious test.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday March 12 2015
Abate: 'Aiming for Europa'

Ignazio Abate says Milan have ‘an obligation’ to qualify for Europe this season, and says they’re still behind Pippo Inzaghi.

The Rossoneri travel to Florence on Monday night, with the Coach’s job reportedly under threat as his side lie 11th in the table.
Joint-CEO Adriano Galliani has reportedly told the squad to aim for Europe, and Abate reiterates that goal.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday February 10 2015
Abate set for new Milan deal

Full-back Ignazio Abate has reportedly agreed a contract extension with Milan.

His current deal is due to expire on June 30, but Sky Sport Italia claim a deal has now been struck.

The 28-year-old grew up in the Milan youth academy and had loan spells at Napoli, Piacenza, Modena, Empoli and Torino.

Abate suffered from numerous injury problems in recent years and this season managed 16 appearances between Serie A and the Coppa Italia.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds