NEWS
Saturday May 15 2021
Lautaro: 'Right decision to reject Barca'

Lautaro Martinez confirms he had been very close to joining Barcelona and discussed it with Lionel Messi, but ‘made the right decision’ sticking with Inter.

The Argentina international confessed the situation had been at a very advanced stage last summer, although the two clubs failed to reach an agreement.

“I am very happy at Inter and my family is happy here too, so I am not thinking about anything other than staying here,” Lautaro Martinez told Sky Sport Italia.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday May 13 2021
Could Inter sell Lautaro for 80m?

According to the Gazzetta dello Sport, Inter could sell Lautaro Martinez in order to raise funds, with €80m considered an acceptable offer.

The striker has a release clause worth €111m in his contract, valid only for two weeks during the summer for clubs outside of Italy.

Barcelona had pushed hard to sign him last season, but refused to pay the full sum.

Now the situation has changed with over a year of the pandemic decimating revenue streams.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday May 12 2021
UEFA initiates disciplinary proceedings against Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona

UEFA has started disciplinary proceedings against Juventus, Real Madrid and Barcelona, the only three clubs that haven’t withdrawn from the Super League.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday May 11 2021
Barcelona call on Buffon?

Gianluigi Buffon announced he will leave Juventus, but it’s reported he’ll continue playing with Barcelona offering the 43-year-old a deal.

The goalkeeper confirmed this is the end of the road in his second spell at Juve, although he did not state whether he would hang up his gloves.

According to Footmercato, an intriguing option would be to have an experience in Spain with Barcelona and the French site claims there has been direct contact.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday May 11 2021
Lautaro to stay at Inter 'even if Conte leaves'

Lautaro Martinez said he will stay at Inter ‘even if Antonio Conte leaves’ and said his representatives are working on a renewal with the Nerazzurri.

The Argentine striker has reassured fans he will remain at the club, even if Conte should decide to part ways with the Beneamata this summer.

“I like Conte, but even if he leaves, I’m an Inter player and I will continue to work for Inter,” Lautaro told Libero.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday May 9 2021
Barcelona to receive Vidal bonus

Barcelona will receive a €1m bonus from Inter as part of the agreement for the transfer of Arturo Vidal and the Chile international will get an automatic pay rise.

The Chile international joined the Nerazzurri as a free agent last summer.

The agreement came with a set of bonuses based on the player’s performances and the club’s results.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday May 8 2021
Milan last to back out of Super League

Juventus, Real Madrid and Barcelona sent a joint letter to the clubs that pulled out of the Super League, with Milan the last to back away, warning them of ‘a material breach’ of the agreement.

There were 12 original founding clubs who signed up to the project, but nine – Inter, Milan, Atletico Madrid, Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal – pulled out and signed a formal commitment with UEFA yesterday.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday May 8 2021
Barca and Chelsea rebuffed for De Ligt

Juventus reportedly turned down offers from Barcelona and Chelsea earlier this month, as they are keeping hold of Matthijs de Ligt.

The centre-back was signed from Ajax in 2019 for €85.5m and is under contract in Turin until June 2024.

According to Tuttosport, the Bianconeri received two proposals over the last 10 days from Barcelona – who had been their main rivals when originally snapping up the Dutchman – and Chelsea.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday May 8 2021
Juve, Madrid and Barca reject 'intolerable threats'

Juventus, Real Madrid and Barcelona released a joint statement slamming ‘unacceptable pressures, threats and offences’ to abandon the Super League project, turning on the nine clubs that signed a deal with UEFA.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday May 8 2021
Infantino: 'Super League clubs face consequences'

While UEFA could potentially exclude Juventus, Real Madrid and Barcelona from the Champions League, FIFA President Gianni Infantino urges ‘dialogue’ although the clubs ‘have to face consequences.’

The Super League project was announced and collapsed within 48 hours, but the repercussions are still being felt.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds