NEWS
Saturday September 9 2017
Lotito reiterates Keita 'extortion'

Lazio President Claudio Lotito reiterated that selling Keita Balde Diao to Juventus would’ve been “extortion.”

The striker’s contract was due to expire at the end of the season and Juve offered €15m, but he was eventually sold to Monaco for €30m plus bonuses.

“I knew that there were several offers, but the player only wanted to join one club. However, that club was offering me 50 per cent of the player’s real value,” Lotito told Il Messaggero.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday September 2 2017
Lotito: 'I waged war on agents'

Lazio President Claudio Lotito maintains he “waged a war to the death” with agents and ultras, including the Keita Balde Diao saga.

The striker’s contract was due to expire at the end of this season and all summer was a battle behind the scenes.

Lotito claimed they had turned down more lucrative offers from Milan, Napoli and West Ham United in favour of Juventus, but he was eventually sold to Monaco for €30m.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday August 30 2017
Agent: 'Keita rejected nobody'

Keita Balde Diao has moved to Monaco, but his agent assures “we had no deals with any other clubs and Lazio never told us about offers.”

The striker finally completed his transfer for €30m plus €5m in bonuses last night.

“The soap opera is over,” agent Roberto Calenda told Radio Sportiva.

“The best thing was to find a solution that made everyone happy. Monaco had already asked for the lad last season and came back with real determination.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday August 29 2017
Agent: 'Lies told about Keita'

Keita Balde Diao’s agent Roberto Calenda hit back at Lazio after the Monaco transfer was completed. “So many lies were told.”

The deal was done this evening, reportedly for €30m plus another €5m in bonuses.

“AS Monaco was our choice, the best choice,” wrote Calenda on Twitter.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday August 29 2017
Goncalves or Bergwijn for Lazio

Diogo Goncalves of Benfica is the favourite to replace Keita Balde Diao at Lazio, with Yacine Brahimi and Steven Bergwijn.

This evening, Monaco completed the transfer for Keita, paying a reported €30m plus up to €5m in bonuses.

The race is on to replace him in the squad, especially as Felipe Anderson is suffering from a knee injury.

According to Sportitalia, the main target is 20-year-old Diogo Goncalves, who can play on the left, right or as a trequartista.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday August 29 2017
Official: Monaco sign Keita

Keita Balde Diao has officially joined Monaco in a deal that will net Lazio €30m plus up to €5m in performance-related bonuses.

He put pen to paper on a contract to June 2022 and will wear shirt Number 14.

"I am very pleased to join AS Monaco, a club with a great history. I am very happy to be here and I look forward to starting to play,” he told the official club website. 

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday August 29 2017
Lazio no Gabbiadini, maybe Niang

Manolo Gabbiadini “is not for sale,” said the Southampton star’s agent, so Lazio fight Torino for Milan’s M’Baye Niang instead.

The Italy international’s name had been mentioned as a potential replacement for Keita Balde Diao, who is undergoing his medical with Monaco this evening.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday August 27 2017
Monaco eye Serie A forwards

Monaco are looking towards Serie A if Kylian Mbappé joins PSG, eyeing Keita Balde Diao, Stevan Jovetic and Andrea Belotti.

There are multiple reports a deal is very close indeed, bringing teenage forward Mbappé to Paris Saint-Germain for €155m, although there are Financial Fair Play issues.

If it goes through before Thursday’s transfer deadline, then Monaco need to find a suitable replacement.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday August 27 2017
Keita closer to Inter

Keita Balde Diao is close to Inter, but would have to renew his Lazio contract to make a two-year loan with obligation to buy work.

Juventus have shrugged off the €30m demands and stuck by their offer of €15m.

The Senegal international will be out of contract at the end of this season, which means he could negotiate a free transfer to Juve from January, to be completed next summer.

However, Inter are back in the running and provide a way out for both the player and his club.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday August 26 2017
Ausilio: 'Schick too expensive'

Inter CEO Piero Ausilio confirms Patrik Schick was simply too expensive and Keita Balde Diao won’t arrive unless someone else leaves.

The Nerazzurri visit Roma this evening in Serie A, follow the action as it happens on the Liveblog.

All the questions ahead of the game were about the transfer market, especially as Sampdoria striker Schick seems to be on the verge of a move to Roma for €38m.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds