NEWS
Wednesday November 18 2020
Arthur's first goal for Brazil: 'Indescribable'

Juventus midfielder Arthur Melo scored his first goal for Brazil in the 2-0 win over Uruguay. ‘It’s an indescribable feeling’.

Brazil followed up a 1-0 win over Venezuela with an away win against Uruguay in the World Cup qualifier and Arthur was on the scoresheet for the first time with the Selecao.

“It’s an indescribable feeling,” Arhtur said, according to SportItalia. “I have been looking for it for a long time.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday October 3 2020
Pirlo: 'Different Juventus with Napoli'

Andrea Pirlo promises changes to the Juventus line-up against Napoli, with Arthur Melo and Paulo Dybala, while he prepares a prank on Gennaro Gattuso.

It kicks off on Sunday at 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT), click here for a match preview.

There are concerns in the build-up to the game, as Napoli have already registered one positive COVID test for Piotr Zielinski after they played Genoa, who have 22 cases between players and staff.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday September 2 2020
Arthur: 'Juventus project convinced me'

Arthur Melo said he was persuaded by the ‘ambitious project’ at Juventus and revealed it’s the ‘realisation of a dream’ to play with Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Brazil international was presented as a new Juventus player today and spoke highly of the Bianconeri project ahead of the 2020-21 season.

“This is a very important day for me, I thank my family, the managers, Fabio [Paratici], and everyone who have welcomed me,” Arthur said at a press conference.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday August 22 2020
Juventus buy Arthur banned from driving

New Juventus signing Arthur Melo has reportedly been fined and his driver’s licence suspended for eight months after a crash in Barcelona.

The midfielder smashed his Ferrari into a lamp-post last week and, when tested at the scene, was over the blood-alcohol limit.

According to Spanish newspaper AS, he has been fined €1,200 and suspended from driving for eight months.

It means he’s going to need a driver when starting pre-season training with Juventus on Monday.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday August 17 2020
Arthur charged after car crash

New Juventus signing Arthur Melo has reportedly been charged with driving under the influence after crashing his Ferrari at 4am.

According to Diari de Girona, via Football Espana, the midfielder smashed his vehicle into a streetlight on Sunday night/Monday morning, having mounted the footpath and travelled along it for some time.

He then failed a breathalyser test and was charged with drunk driving.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday August 15 2020
Barca won't release Arthur to Juve

Spanish newspaper Sport insists Barcelona disciplinary action against Arthur Melo will continue, so he won’t be freed in time to start pre-season Juventus training on August 24.

The midfielder has already signed for Juve in a deal worth €10m plus Miralem Pjanic, but that is only active from the 2020-21 season.

Arthur refused to take part in the Champions League campaign, which has now concluded after an 8-2 defeat to Bayern Munich in the quarter-finals.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday August 7 2020
Setien: 'Napoli have evolved'

Quique Setien hinted at a tactical ‘variable’ for Barcelona in the Champions League, because ‘Napoli have evolved and improved a great deal’ since February.

The first leg ended 1-1 back in February at the Stadio San Paolo and the decider for this Round of 16 is on Saturday at 20.00 UK time (19.00 GMT).

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday August 7 2020
Busquets: 'Barcelona tactically prepared for Napoli'

Sergio Busquets assures Barcelona have made the most of the time since La Liga ended to ‘prepare tactically’ for Napoli and the Champions League.

The first leg ended 1-1 at the Stadio San Paolo back in February and the decider is tomorrow evening at 20.00 UK time (19.00 GMT).

Although he is suspended along with Arturo Vidal, the midfielder was still chosen to speak at the press conference.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday August 6 2020
Arthur returns for Barca exit talks

Spanish reports claim Arthur Melo, who has already sealed his transfer to Juventus, is returning to Barcelona in order to terminate his contract.

The midfielder completed his transfer to Juve in June, as part of an exchange deal with Miralem Pjanic, with the agreement they would both continue to play with their current clubs until the end of the season.

However, Arthur returned to Brazil after the final Liga fixture and then refused to return for the Champions League.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday August 2 2020
Barcelona: 'Arthur behaviour unacceptable'

Barcelona President Josep Maria Bartomeu confirms the club is taking action against Arthur Melo for his ‘unacceptable’ refusal to play, while he’ll ‘earn triple’ his current salary at Juventus.

The two clubs completed the transfer last month, with Arthur signing on to Juve in exchange for Miralem Pjanic and €10m in cash, but the Brazilian was furious at feeling pushed out of Camp Nou.

“We had wanted to renew Arthur’s contract, but the economic situation is complicated,” Bartomeu told Spanish newspaper Sport.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds