NEWS
Wednesday April 11 2012
Maggio agent denies Chelsea link

Christian Maggio’s representative has reacted quickly to dismiss speculation that the player could leave Napoli for Chelsea.

The former Sampdoria man is being associated with the Stamford Bridge outfit, but that has come as a surprise to his agent.

“We have no information about such claims,” Massimo Briaschi told TMW. “He has only just recently extended his contract until 2017 and that says a lot.

“Actually, that says it all. Maggio has a clear idea about his future and that is to remain at Napoli. If that wasn’t the case then he would have looked to run down his previous agreement with the Azzurri.”

Maggio, 30, is viewed as a key player at the Stadio San Paolo. He has scored three goals in 27 League games so far this term.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES