NEWS
Tuesday August 21 2012
Ziegler: 'Juve rejected Benfica bid'

Reto Ziegler has confirmed “Juventus told me they rejected an offer from Benfica, but I hope it can be resolved as they are ideal for my style.”

The Swiss full-back made the revelation in an interview with Portuguese paper O Jogo.

“I haven’t spoken directly to the Portuguese directors, but I know they talked to Juve,” said Ziegler.

“Last week I had a discussion with the Bianconeri directors and they told me they rejected an offer from Benfica.

“I hope the situation can be resolved, because Benfica are ideal for my style of football.

“I don’t know why the negotiations didn’t reach a positive conclusion, nor what the figures were. Juventus wanted to sell me on a permanent basis, while Benfica preferred a loan with option to buy.”

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £5,000 monthly.

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES