Francesco Acerbi says he’ll continue to work hard in an effort to become a regular in the Milan starting XI.
The stopper joined the club in the summer from Chievo, via Genoa, but he has started just two matches so far this season.
“I haven’t played much recently, but all of us in the squad respect the decisions of the Coach,” the Italian told Milan Channel.
“I will continue to give 100 per cent in every training season in order to stay in shape and to try to get a game.”
Milan are next in action against Lazio when Serie A resumes on October 20.
“We did well against Zenit in the Champions League,” he said. “However, we were disappointed to lose the derby.
“We created so many chances against Inter, but we couldn’t take advantage of them. Now we are just thinking of Lazio.”