NEWS
Wednesday February 13 2013
Destro eyes World Cup spot

Roma striker Mattia Destro says he is working towards winning a place in Italy’s 2014 World Cup squad.

The forward has been in the thoughts of Azzurri boss Cesare Prandelli since catching the eye at Siena last season.

“For now, playing for Italy at Brazil 2014 is a dream,” the player told Calcio 2000.

“Every kid, from his very first kicks of a ball, hopes to one day play for a big Serie A club and especially in a World Cup.

“However, as I said, it is still just a dream for now.”

Destro, one goal in four international caps so far, moved to Roma in the summer but he has had his problems with form and injuries.

The 21-year-old, currently on the sidelines, has scored just four goals in 16 League matches so far this term.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES