NEWS
Tuesday February 4 2014
Gilardino: My future? We'll see

Alberto Gilardino says he is committed to Genoa until at least the summer, with ‘time to plan for the future’.

The striker returned to the Grifoni last summer after a season on loan at Bologna and has since been continually linked with a more permanent exit from Marassi.

However, on from seeing the winter transfer window close last week, the 31-year-old is clam over his future.

“There has been a lot spoken about me, I’m used to it, but I spoke with President [Enrico] Preziosi in August,” Gilardino has told SportMediaset this week.

“There is trust and I will stay here until June. I have three more years on my contract, so there is time to plan for the future.

“In the summer, we shall see.

“The World Cup? I am thinking about it, I feel good and I will fight to earn a place.”

Gilardino was talking after his side’s 1-0 defeat to Sampdoria in the Derby della Lanterna.

“We did not play the first half as we had prepared, but in the second half we had several chances.

“It’s a shame to lose and we are sorry for our fans. Now we will work with an eye on Livorno to bring home three points, our goal is survival.”

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES