NEWS
Wednesday August 31 2011
Ziegler admits to Conte problems

Reto Ziegler says he will be staying with Juventus despite being told by the Coach that he is not part of his plans.

The left-back joined the Old Lady from Sampdoria in the summer on a Bosman, but his transfer was agreed before Antonio Conte was appointed as boss.

"Gigi Del Neri was still the Coach when I signed for Juventus," the Swiss international told RSI.

"He and director general Beppe Marotta knew me from their time at Samp and they wanted me at Juve.

"I spoke to Conte when I first arrived and he told me that he wouldn't be counting on me as he had other ideas."

Ziegler was linked with a move to Trabzonspor recently, but that option was rejected after he spoke with Swiss national boss Ottmar Hitzfeld.

"Trabzonspor was a possibility," he added. "I didn't speak to them, but Hitzfeld advised me against moving to Turkey.

"I also contacted the clubs who wanted me before I joined Juve, but they had already signed other left-backs.

"Now I've decided to remain and I will do my best, I have always given my all and I know that I can convince Conte to believe in me."

Juve are short of left-backs given that the club only have Paolo De Ceglie and Fabio Grosso on their books.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES