NEWS
Tuesday September 6 2011
Montolivo focused on Fiorentina

Riccardo Montolivo says he has no concerns about the season ahead after he refused to sign a contract extension at Fiorentina.

The midfielder is only tied to the club until June 2012 and a proposed summer move never materialised.

"I'm calm about everything," the international, who has been stripped of the Viola captaincy, told Radio Blu.

"I have a good relationship with the fans, even if I haven't had the easiest of summers."

Despite so far refusing to put pen to paper, Montolivo insists he'll continue to give his all to the Fiorentina cause.

"Fiorentina were always in my thoughts over the summer and I just focused on training well, I wasn't thinking about the transfer rumours," he continued.

"The club are free to do what they believe is right to me. All I can do is to work seriously and then we'll see what happens."

Fiorentina are hoping to speak with the player in the near future in a bid to get him to sign a new deal in Tuscany.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES