Milan will make an effort to sign Italy international full-back Domenico Criscito in the January transfer window, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.
It's no secret that the League leaders plan to reinforce their squad in view of the second half of the season.
Speaking to Sky Italia last night Adriano Galliani said that two players could arrive before deadline day.
It's thought that one will be a midfielder with Andrea Lazzari and Mark Van Bommel being mooted as possible candidates.
La Gazzetta dello Sport understands Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri has added Criscito to the wishlist.
Allegri is keen to bolster Milan's defence in light of Sunday's 4-4 draw with Udinese.
Earlier this week Genoa President Enrico Preziosi said Criscito is 99 per cent staying in Genoa, partly because they have already sold a key component of their defence in Andrea Ranocchia and don't want to have to completely rebuild their backline in January.
However, Milan have a very good relationship with Genoa, as became apparent in the deal that took Kevin-Prince Boateng to San Siro.
Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!