Juventus are active on the transfer market with Michel Bastos booked for next season and a choice between Antonio Floro Flores, Diego Forlan and Graziano Pellé.
The Turin giants have found their side decimated by injuries this term, as in the last week they have lost Fabio Quagliarella for the rest of the campaign and Luca Toni for a month.
A new striker is needed quickly and there are several options on the table.
The favourite is Udinese benchwarmer Floro Flores, who is expected to arrive on Monday in a loan deal worth €1.5m plus €10m to make the move permanent.
Newspapers have also mentioned the more glamorous alternative in Atletico Madrid hitman Forlan.
“I know there has been a lot of talk about me in Italy, but up until now I have only heard rumours and no concrete offers,” said the Uruguayan.
“I know Juventus signed Toni, but has he picked up an injury already? In that case, I now understand where all these rumours are coming from...”
A different and more intriguing target is AZ Alkmaar forward Pellé. The 25-year-old left Serie A because no clubs would offer him regular playing time and has developed into a genuine talent in Holland.
Napoli have also been linked with a January bid for ex-Lecce man Pellé.
Meanwhile, Juventus are also said to be working on the future of the team with a deal struck for the summer.
They had already shown interest in Olympique Lyonnais full-back Bastos in the past, but considered him too expensive.
The situation has changed for the Brazilian, as Lyon are willing to release him in the summer, according to the Corriere dello Sport.
Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!