NEWS
Thursday February 3 2011
Mutu set to return for Fiorentina

Fiorentina owner Andrea Della Valle claims Adrian Mutu will be allowed to play for the club again after a fall-out last month.

Mutu abandoned training without permission after his agent called to say talks regarding his future hadn't gone well with the club.

Fiorentina asked that the case be held in front of an arbitration panel and in the meantime decided to freeze the Romania international out of the squad.

Asked about Mutu's re-entry, Della Valle said: "It's a question of days. He will soon return."

Reflecting on last night's 1-0 win at home to Genoa, he said: "It's too early to tell if the crisis has been interrupted. Serenity comes with results.

"We have seen many surprises in Serie A. It will be a special season. Our objective is to survive comfortably. We'll make our judgements in May.

"We must all pull together," he concluded.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES