NEWS
Thursday March 10 2011
Mutu plans to stay in Florence

Adrian Mutu says he plans to stay in Florence because he's not sure anyone else would have him.

The Romania international striker came close to having his contract rescinded earlier this year.

Shortly after returning from an anti-doping ban, he was in trouble again for leaving training without permission.

Fiorentina made Mutu unavailable for selection, but he later apologised and is back playing again.

The 32-year-old scored a brace against Catania at the weekend.

"I think to the future and ask myself: where would I go if I didn't stay in Florence? By now I am part of this city.

"If I were the President I would quickly renew my contract and that of Sinisa Mihajlovic.

"We must give Sinisa the chance to have everyone available."

Asked about Zlatan Ibrahimovic's claims that he feels like the best player in the world, Mutu said: "For me it's the same. I feel among the best. If I didn't I would stay at home."

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES