NEWS
Monday May 30 2011
No Genoa return for Milito

Diego Milito has dismissed speculation that he could return to Genoa this summer by committing himself to Inter.

Milito has been linked with a third spell at Marassi after his most recent campaign in Milan was hampered by form and fitness issues.

However, after last night's 3-1 win over Palermo in the Coppa Italia, the Argentine says he's staying a Nerazzurro.

"I'm not even thinking about leaving Inter," Milito, who scored the third in the Cup Final, told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I still have another three years to run on my contract and I'm absolutely not thinking about a transfer.

"My target is to become a protagonist again for this club next season."

Milito, 31, joined Inter in 2009 from Genoa and played a vital role in last term's treble success of the Scudetto, Champions League and Coppa Italia.

The South American has enjoyed two spells at Genoa previously in his career – from January 2004 until June 2005, as well as the 2008-09 campaign.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES