NEWS
Friday June 10 2011
Tug of war for Giovinco

Parma have once again reiterated that Sebastian Giovinco will still be playing for them next season – but Juventus may want him back.

"We've said it in every language that we know," Parma sporting director Pietro Leonardi noted. "Giovinco will be ours and will play with us."

The Italian international has spent the last season at the Stadio Tardini after joining the club on loan from Juventus.

As part of the agreement, the Gialloblu have the option to sign a 50 per cent share in him for a pre-agreed €3.5m.

"I think that I will remain at Parma," the player himself said last month. "President Tommaso Ghirardi and Leonardi have been quite clear about it.

"Unless there are some radical changes to the plans, then I am 99 per cent sure of remaining here.

"Juventus were very clear with me. They told me that I wasn't a part of their project and it is better for me to stay at Parma. I don't want to make the same mistake I did a few years ago."

However, reports this morning are suggesting that new Juve boss Antonio Conte wants the attacker at his disposal next term.

As a result, Juve may be willing to hand Parma the services of Amauri, who also spent time on loan at Parma this term, with the understanding that they don't take up their option on Giovinco.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES