Fabio Quagliarella sets a date for his Juventus comeback and blasts his former club. “Napoli betrayed me.”
The striker had a fine start to his Bianconeri career, but snapped knee ligaments against Parma on January 6.
“I felt something crack in my knee and immediately realised how serious the injury was,” he told Sky Sport Italia.
“I certainly couldn't blame anyone, as there were no fouls and I did it all by himself. The first six weeks after the surgery were very tough, as I had to repeat the same actions for six hours a day in rehabilitation and it drives you a bit mad. I'm used to rushing around at 1000km per hour, so to suddenly slow down like that is not easy.
“It's wonderful being back in the locker room and hearing my teammates talk before a game. I have recovered, but am still not match fit, so we decided with the medical staff to postpone my comeback until July, when pre-season training begins. I can't wait.”
However, Quagliarella also looked back to last summer and his rather bitter split with Napoli.
“They surprised me this season and I compliment them all for reaching the Champions League, but in the summer there were many lies told about me.
“It was said I argued with my teammates or turned up late to training, which was all false. Try asking any of my ex-colleagues.
“The truth is that Napoli had already sold me to Rubin Kazan during the World Cup. They had promised to talk offers over with me before making any decisions, so they were the ones who betrayed me.
“The club told me to find a new side, but once on the market I preferred Juve to Rubin Kazan. To defend themselves from criticism, Napoli threw me to the lions. They were the ones who didn't want me anymore.
“I am very glad to be at Juventus, as the club believes in me and continues to even after the injury. Last year Napoli couldn't wait to blame me for everything and they wouldn't even appeal my bans. It has all been very different here.”
See the latest Serie A predictions and betting tips with Eurotips.co.uk