NEWS
Friday March 23 2018
Cengiz picks up knee injury?

Cengiz Under will miss Turkey’s friendly against Republic of Ireland with a knee sprain – but it is not expected to keep the Roma starlet out for long.

Turkey boss Mircea Lucescu confirmed at a Press conference that Cengiz ‘has an injury’, later revealed to be a sprain in his left knee.

However, Premium Sport reports scans showed ‘a negative result’, making it likely that the forward will be fit for Roma’s upcoming games against Bologna and Barcelona.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday February 11 2018
Turkish delight for Roma

Roma fought back after a shock Benevento opener to win 5-2 and leap into fourth place with Cengiz Under’s brace and assist.

The Giallorossi have leapfrogged rivals Lazio to enter the Champions League spots and remain only one point behind Inter.

Benevento threatened a massive upset by taking the lead with a deflected Guilherme effort at the Stadio Olimpico.

Federico Fazio’s free header from a set play made it 1-1 going into the break, but 20-year-old Turkish talent Cengiz Under took centre stage in the second half.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday February 7 2018
Lucescu: Told Cengiz to stay

Turkey boss Mircea Lucescu has revealed that “it was me who told Cengiz Under to stay at Roma” after his winner against Verona.

Cengiz finally got off the mark for Roma, proving decisive in their 1-0 win at Verona last weekend, and Lucescu assured the Turkish starlet “potentially has all the qualities needed” to be a top attacker.

“It’s not a surprise for me, it was just a matter of time,” the former Inter Coach told Corriere dello Sport.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday December 18 2017
Pair after ex-Spurs midfielder?

Torino and Genoa are both reportedly in talks to sign former Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Sandro.

According to Tuttomercatoweb, both clubs are discussing a possible loan for Sandro in January, with an option to buy at the end of the season.

The 28-year-old has played just three times for Antalyaspor this season due to injuries, the Turkish side having recently parted company with ex-Milan and Inter boss Leonardo.

However, CuoreToro believes “he is returning to full capacity”, suggesting he would be an asset to the Granata.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday September 6 2017
Turks offer Sosa ‘over €15m’

Trabzonspor have reportedly prepared a contract worth “over €15m” for Milan midfielder Jose Sosa.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, the deal will run for three years and see him pocket a salary of more than €5m.

Furthermore, Milan would earn €6m from the Argentine’s sale – €1.5m less than what they paid Besiktas for him last summer.

The 32-year-old has not featured for the Rossoneri this season and looks set to reunite with former teammate Juraj Kucka at Trabzonspor.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday September 1 2017
‘Di Francesco will improve Cengiz’

Turkey boss Mircea Lucescu believes Eusebio Di Francesco is the perfect mentor for Roma starlet Cengiz Under.

Cengiz joined Roma amidst much promise earlier in the summer, having been labelled ‘the Turkish Dybala’, and Lucescu is confident the 20-year-old has joined the ideal club.

“If in two years, you go from the Turkish second tier to Roma, you have quality,” he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday August 23 2017
Turkey calling for Milan pair?

Fenerbahce and Trabzonspor are both reportedly in talks to sign Gustavo Gomez and Jose Sosa from Milan respectively.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Fener executvies are in Milan to clinch a deal for defender Gomez, who is surplus to requirements at San Siro after the arrivals of Mateo Musacchio and Leonardo Bonucci.

Trabzonspor, meanwhile, are “close” to agreeing terms on a €4m transfer for Sosa.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday August 16 2017
Report: Istanbul derby for Zapata

Fenerbahce and Besiktas are both reportedly in a tug-of-war to sign Napoli striker Duvan Zapata.

According to Calciomercato.com, Fener’s “pressing” for Zapata has been “matched” by Besiktas, instigating “a real, all-Turkish battle” between the two Istanbul sides.

The website also believes the Colombian “will be able to experience a new adventure in the next, few days”.

Zapata spent the last two seasons on loan at Udinese and has since returned to Napoli, where is deemed surplus to requirements.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday August 7 2017
‘Calhanoglu can make Milan history’

Turkey boss Mircea Lucescu claims Hakan Calhanoglu has what it takes to become an important player in Milan’s history.

Calhanoglu is one of the 10 players that Milan have signed at a combined cost of over €200m this summer, and Lucescu is expecting big things from the Turkish No 10.

“Milanello? I’m here to meet Hakan, he’s considered to be one of the best Turkish talents,” the ex-Inter Coach told MilanNews.it.

“After that, I’ll go to Barcelona to talk to Arda Turan and then Germany to talk to others.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday August 1 2017
Fiorentina make Mor bid?

Fiorentina have reportedly offered €12m for Borussia Dortmund winger Emre Mor.

The Turkish international has been the subject of interest from Liverpool, but the English side have been unable to get a deal done.

According to La Nazione, the Viola offered €10m for the 20-year-old on July 22, before raising it to €12m three days later.

Following the deal for Jakub Błaszczykowski, relations between the two clubs are good and Fiorentina hope to use this to their advantage to sign Emre.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds