NEWS
Wednesday July 8 2015
Abodi: ‘Difficult summer ahead’

The head of the Lega Serie B Andrea Abodi admits a ‘difficult summer’ is in prospect, with the collapse of Parma and a match-fixing scandal.

The Ducali have been declared bankrupt, and will therefore not be able to take their place in the second tier for next season, with a club to be promoted from the Lega Pro to take their place.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £9.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://www.premiersports.com/subscribenow

NEWS
Tuesday July 7 2015
Lazio release Mauri

It’s reported Lazio have decided not to renew Stefano Mauri’s contract, so the captain becomes a free agent.

The Italy international’s deal expired on June 30 and he was widely expected to work out new terms with the club.

However, Sky Sport Italia, lalaziosiamonoi and other sources suggest the situation has hit a dead end.

Negotiations with President Claudio Lotito this evening showed how far apart the two parties are.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £9.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://www.premiersports.com/subscribenow

NEWS
Tuesday July 7 2015
Tavecchio 'astonished' by spending

FIGC President Carlo Tavecchio reiterates he’s “astonished” by big transfer spending, but “nothing changes” with Italy Coach Antonio Conte.

Tavecchio had already said he was surprised by the money spent by the likes of Inter and Milan on the market so far this summer, considering both clubs had financial problems.

“I have no doubts in saying the state of Italian football is no worse than the rest of Europe,” Tavecchio told Il Messaggero.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £9.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://www.premiersports.com/subscribenow

NEWS
Tuesday July 7 2015
Colantuono contests accusations

Udinese Coach Stefano Colantuono’s lawyer was “very surprised” by the match-fixing trial recommendation for the ex-Atalanta boss.

Today prosecutor Roberto Di Martino requested 104 suspects be brought to trial, so now the evidence will be presented to a judge at a preliminary hearing to decide whether or not to go ahead.

Among the suspects is ex-Atalanta tactician Colantuono, now in charge of Udinese.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £9.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://www.premiersports.com/subscribenow

NEWS
Tuesday July 7 2015
Conte: 'Bitter, but I go forward'

Italy Coach Antonio Conte is “bitterly disappointed, but I go forward” after trial was recommended in a match-fixing scandal.

Today the Cremona prosecutor suggested 104 people indicted for sporting fraud should go to trial, so now they’ll present the evidence to a judge who will decide whether or not to go ahead.

When it comes specifically to Conte’s situation, more details are emerging.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £9.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://www.premiersports.com/subscribenow

NEWS
Tuesday July 7 2015
Conte could face trial

Cremona prosecutors have asked that 104 match-fixing suspects be brought to trial, including Italy CT Antonio Conte.

It was revealed last month that the former Juventus Coach had been indicted for alleged sporting fraud, relating to his time in charge of Siena.

Today, it has emerged that the prosecutor, Roberto Di Martino, has requested that Conte stand trial in relation to the Albinoleffe-Siena match on May 29.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £9.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://www.premiersports.com/subscribenow

NEWS
Friday July 3 2015
Pulvirenti house arrest lifted

Disgraced former Catania President Antonino Pulvirenti is no longer under house arrest, but has been forced to surrender his passport.

The ex-Elefanti patron has admitted attempting to fix five matches in Serie B last season, as part of the ‘Goal Trains’ scandal.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £9.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://www.premiersports.com/subscribenow

NEWS
Thursday July 2 2015
Ferrero clarifies Pulvirenti comments

Sampdoria President Massimo Ferrero insists he didn’t wish death on Antonino Pulvirenti, but on ‘corrupt football’.

The Blucerchiati patron gave a radio interview yesterday in which he declared that the former Catania President ‘should die’ after match-fixing revelations, but now says he was misinterpreted.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £9.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://www.premiersports.com/subscribenow

NEWS
Wednesday July 1 2015
Ferrero: ‘Pulvirenti should die’

Sampdoria President Massimo Ferrero declares Antonino Pulvirenti ‘should die’ after match-fixing, and discussed Claudio Lotito.

It was revealed this week that Catania President Antonino Pulvirenti had attempted to fix five Serie B matches last season, and the Blucerchiati patron adressed the scandal in his usual outspoken style.

“It makes me sick,” Ferrero told Radio 24.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £9.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://www.premiersports.com/subscribenow

NEWS
Tuesday June 30 2015
Lotito: ‘Why I called Pulvirenti’

Lazio President Claudio Lotito claims his phonecalls with Antonino Pulvirenti were to discuss an exorcism.

The former Catania President has admitted that he attempted to fix five Serie B games last season - though he claims it had no effect on the results.

Prosecutors have seized phone records from Pulvirenti, and leaks suggest he had a number of conversations with Lotito.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £9.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://www.premiersports.com/subscribenow