NEWS
Saturday May 13 2017
Arsenal and Man City seek Alex Sandro

Arsenal have joined Manchester City and Real Madrid in the push for Juventus left-back Alex Sandro.

The 26-year-old Brazilian was only signed in 2015 from Porto for €26m, but he has proved to be a bargain with some remarkable performances.

Manchester City had already been linked with a huge offer for Alex Sandro, but now The Sun notes that Arsenal are also interested in a summer swoop.

This season he contributed two goals and five assists in 40 competitive appearances for Juventus, helping them to the Champions League Final.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday May 6 2017
Man City bid €70m for Alex Sandro

Manchester City are ready to pay €70m for Juventus left-back Alex Sandro and Italian papers suggest the Bianconeri would accept.

The Brazilian was only signed from FC Porto in the summer of 2015 for €26m, so this move would triple their investment in just two years.

On the other hand, aged just 26, it would be risky to sell when he’s not even in the Brazil squad yet and has more to give.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday April 28 2017
‘Juventus focused on Atalanta’

Alex Sandro insists Juventus won’t be distracted against Atalanta - “we have to concentrate on winning”.

The Bianconeri face Monaco in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final on Wednesday, but first they must take on the Orobici in Bergamo tonight.

“We know they’re a tough team and they’re having a great season,” the Brazilian told Premium Sport.

“But we also want three points, we’re only thinking about this game. They’re strong and we have to concentrate on winning.”

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
BLOG ITALIA
Monday April 17 2017
The rise of Alex Sandro

The defender has developed into an integral member of Juventus’ backline and has quite rightly earned the plaudits this season, writes Nick Valerio.

When Juventus secured the latest star from the Porto talent conveyor belt in August 2015, they knew they were acquiring the services of the archetypal Brazilian full-back: an athletic presence who placed great emphasis on attack.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Keep up to date with the latest news and action from Spain's Primera Division with Football Espana - from the team behind Football Italia.

NEWS
Tuesday April 11 2017
Alex Sandro to start Juve-Barca

Alex Sandro is expected to start at left-back as Juventus host Barcelona, but there's bad news for Neymar.

The Champions League quarter-final first leg kicks off in Turin at 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT).

There had been some doubts over who would complete the defence with Dani Alves, Leonardo Bonucci and Giorgio Chiellini.

Kwadwo Asamoah had been the favourite this morning, but Mediaset Premium report that Alex Sandro will get the nod.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday April 10 2017
Sandro: 'I'm here to stay at Juve'

Juventus left-back Alex Sandro emphatically announced his permanance with the Bianconeri, revealing 'I'm here and I'm staying put.'

The Brazilian also revealed the belief that the Bianconeri are capable of winning not only the forthcoming match with Barca, but will can bring home the treble this term.

"We are coming into a beautiful moment, but we must stay focused until the end of the season," the 26-year-old told Corriere dello Sport. 

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday March 31 2017
Alex Sandro: ‘Napoli like any other’

Juventus full-back Alex Sandro insists “the Napoli game is as important as any other”.

The Bianconeri face Maurizio Sarri’s side on Sunday night at Stadio San Paolo, in a match which is being billed as crucial for the Scudetto race. Click here for a match preview.

“The Napoli game is as important as any other,” Alex Sandro told Sky.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday March 31 2017
‘Higuain will handle Napoli return’

Alex Sandro believes Juventus teammate Gonzalo Higuain will take his controversial return to Napoli on Sunday in his stride.

Higuain is preparing to head back to the San Paolo for the first time since his €90m transfer to Juve from Napoli, but despite a hostile atmosphere awaiting the striker, Alex Sandro feels his colleague is experienced enough to handle the occasion.

“In addition to being a great champion, Higuain is an experienced player and can handle all the situations that he faces very well,” the left-back told Sky Sport Italia.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday March 31 2017
Tello: 'Barca favourites but Juve...'

Fiorentina winger Cristian Tello insists that Barcelona are favourites to beat Juve in the Champions league, but won't dismiss the Bianconeri.

The former Barca youth product also revealed a desire to stay in Florence, but admitted 'it's up to Fiorentina'.

"I started out as a striker and my childhood idol was Fernando Torres," the Spaniard told Gazzetta dello Sport.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday March 23 2017
Juventus prepare Alex Sandro renewal

Reports suggest Juventus are preparing a new contract for Alex Sandro, to ward off Chelsea and Real Madrid.

The Brazilian left-back joined the Bianconeri from Porto in 2015 for a fee of €26m, and has become a crucial part of Max Allegri’s side.

It was reported this week that both Chelsea and Madrid were ready to offer €45m for the defender this summer, and Corriere dello Sport believes Juve are taking counter-measures.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds