NEWS
Sunday January 29 2017
Fiorentina go cold on Caceres

Fiorentina have reportedly given up their interest in Martin Caceres even before he had a medical.

The Uruguay international has been a free agent since his contract with Juventus expired in July.

Yesterday there were reports he was flying in for a medical with the Tuscan club.

However, according to SportItalia, the Viola have now gone cold on the idea.

There were a few problems, such as his fitness levels and wage demands.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday January 29 2017
Fiorentina doubt over Caceres?

It is reported that Fiorentina are ready to sign Martin Caceres, but still want proof of the Uruguayan's fitness before confirming the deal.

The former Juventus man is currently a free agent, having left the Old Lady last summer. He has not played for a year, suffering an achilles injury during his final months in Turin before failing to find a new club following his release.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday January 28 2017
Caceres and Saponara for Fiorentina

Fiorentina are close to signing Martin Caceres as well as Riccardo Saponara in a flurry of activity towards deadline day.

Reports emerged out of nowhere today that they had approached Empoli for Saponara and hours later a deal was struck for an 18-month loan with €10m obligation to buy.

Now La Gazzetta dello Sport and SportItalia both claim Fiorentina have agreed terms with Caceres.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday January 25 2017
Caceres: ‘Inter, Viola would be nice’

Former Juventus defender Martin Caceres insists “I’m fit” and would accept a move to Fiorentina or Inter.

The Uruguayan international was believed to be close to Trabzonspor, but the deal fell through amid reports he had failed a medical.

However, the former Bianconeri man insists he’s physically fine, and is still looking for a new club.

“I’m fine and in great shape,” Caceres told Tuttomercatoweb.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday January 20 2017
Caceres fails Trabzonspor medical

Former Juventus defender Martin Caceres has reportedly seen a move to Turkish side Trabzonspor cancelled due to problems with a medical.

The 29-year-old has been a free agent since being released by the Bianconeri in the summer, and has so far failed in attempts to find a new club.

Despite interest from a myriad of clubs, said to include Inter, Napoli, West Bromwich Albion and now Trabzonspor, the Uruguayan will have to continue his search for playing time.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday December 16 2016
Inter rekindle Caceres interest?

The agent of defender Martin Caceres has spoken about the possibility that the former Juventus man could join Inter.

The Uruguayan has been a free agent since being released by the Bianconeri in the summer, and since then has continued to be linked with a myriad of clubs in different countries.

After linked with a move to the Nerazzurri in the summer, the 29-year-old was also rumoured to have had a trial with the club whilst under the stewardship of former Coach Frank de Boer.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday October 14 2016
Besiktas approach Caceres

Martin Caceres is expected to have a trial with Inter, but Turkish club Besiktas are reportedly ready to make him an offer.

The Uruguay international is a free agent, as his contract with Juventus was allowed to expire in June.

He has been out of action since February after tearing his Achilles tendon and is currently training alone in Como to reach full fitness.

It’s reported Caceres will be given a trial run with some training sessions at Inter to see if he’ll be offered a contract.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday October 8 2016
Caceres given Inter trial

Martin Caceres will reportedly have a trial run at Inter, despite links with West Bromwich Albion.

The Uruguay international is a free agent after his contract with Juventus was allowed to expire.

He had been in talks with West Brom to join the Premier League club.

However, La Gazzetta dello Sport claim today that Caceres has been invited to take part in a trial run with Inter.

The 29-year-old will work with the squad and Coach Frank de Boer for a couple of weeks to see if he is ready to join the team on a more permanent basis.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday October 5 2016
Caceres close to West Brom

Martin Caceres is reportedly close to joining West Bromwich Albion despite interest from Chelsea, Milan and Inter.

The Uruguayan centre-back is a free agent after his contract with Juventus expired back in June, and he had been linked with a reunion with former boss Antonio Conte at Stamford Bridge.

However, Calciomercato believe West Brom have opened talks with the 29-year-old who does not need to wait for the transfer window to open before signing for a new club.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday September 23 2016
Cagliari consider Caceres

Cagliari could look to bring in former Juventus defender Martin Caceres if their defensive record doesn’t improve.

The Isolani are newly-promoted, and while they have had no trouble scoring, their record of 11 goals conceded in five games could scupper their survival hopes.

Bruno Alves has been impressive for Massimo Rastelli’s side, but neither Luca Ceppitelli nor Bartosz Salamon have convinced alongside him.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds