NEWS
Monday April 8 2019
Bonucci: Racism is a scandal

Leonardo Bonucci insists his controversial comments concerning Moise Kean were ‘misunderstood’ as ‘racism is a scandal and it mustn’t exist in 2019.’

Bonucci suggested Kean was partly to blame for the racial abuse he received during Juventus’ 2-0 win at Cagliari last week, prompting the football family to turn on the defender.

“Everyone was right to get annoyed,” he admitted to Le Iene.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday April 7 2019
Matuidi: 'We must fight racism'

Blaise Matuidi said Juventus and everyone in football must “not be afraid to stand up and fight” racists, assuring Moise Kean was abused even before his goal in Cagliari.

The tension spilled over at the Sardegna Arena on Tuesday after Kean’s goal, when he stood with arms open in front of the ultras.

Teammate Leonardo Bonucci drew criticism for saying the celebration meant Kean had to shoulder “50-50” blame for the crowd reaction, but Matuidi assures the racist insults were clear even before that.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday April 6 2019
Kean completes comeback to sink Milan

Krzysztof Piatek had put Milan in front, but Paulo Dybala’s penalty and yet another goal from Moise Kean completed the Juventus comeback.

If Napoli lose to Genoa tomorrow, then the Bianconeri will mathematically earn their eighth consecutive Scudetto.

Click here for the full match report.

OR

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday April 5 2019
Sarri: Bonucci made a mistake

Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri does not believe Leonardo Bonucci is a racist but claims the Juventus defender ‘made a mistake’.

Bonucci controversially suggested Moise Kean had provoked Cagliari fans into racially abusing him during Juve’s 2-0 win at the Sardegna Arena on Tuesday.

Sarri, meanwhile, had one of his players – Callum Hudson-Odoi – suffer at the hands of monkey chants during England’s 5-1 win in Montenegro last month.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday April 5 2019
Allegri: Bonucci was wrong, Ronaldo...

Juventus boss Max Allegri accepts Leonardo Bonucci assessed the Moise Kean situation ‘badly’ but confirms Cristiano Ronaldo is ‘giving good signals’.

Ronaldo has not played since picking up a hamstring injury during the international break, but Allegri is confident the No 7 will be back for the Champions League quarter-final first leg against Ajax next week.

“There are good signals from Cristiano Ronaldo in view of the match against Ajax,” he said at a Press conference ahead of Saturday’s Serie A showdown with Milan.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday April 4 2019
Mancini: Kean treatment 'unacceptable'

Italy CT Roberto Mancini has blasted the ‘unacceptable’ racial abuse subjected to Moise Kean but claimed that Leonardo Bonucci was ‘misunderstood’.

Mancini won the Enzo Bearzot Award on Thursday, but the former Inter boss was instead forced to answer questions about his Italy internationals after their involvement in the Cagliari-Juventus racism storm.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday April 4 2019
Thuram slams 'disgraceful' Bonucci

Former Juventus defender Lilian Thuram has slammed Leonardo Bonucci for ‘disgracefully’ claiming that Moise Kean went looking for racial abuse.

Bonucci has since backtracked on the controversial comments he made after Juve’s 2-0 win at Cagliari on Tuesday, but Thuram did not hold back in his criticism of the 31-year-old, while adding the Bianconeri should have walked off the field in protest.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday April 3 2019
Bonucci: 'Clarify Kean thoughts'

Leonardo Bonucci tried to “clarify my feelings” after initially saying Juventus teammate Moise Kean shouldered 50-50 blame for racist abuse.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday April 3 2019
Toure: 'Bonucci comments unbelievable'

Yaya Toure hit out at “unbelievable” Leonardo Bonucci comments giving Moise Kean 50-50 blame for racist abuse by Cagliari fans.

“It’s for me just the worst scenario you can have in football, your teammate attacking you and saying something like that,” the former Manchester City and Barcelona midfielder told La Gazzetta dello Sport and BBC Sport.

“I think it’s unbelievable. You can imagine how hurt I was when I saw those things happening.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday April 3 2019
Giulini: 'Kean lacked respect'

Cagliari President Tommaso Giulini condemned racist chants at Juventus striker Moise Kean, but again implied he lacked “respect” with his celebration.

The jeers aimed at 19-year-old Italy international Kean got louder and more obviously racist after he scored at the 85th minute to seal the 2-0 victory, celebrating by standing in front of the ultras, arms outstretched.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds