NEWS
Tuesday August 1 2017
Milan sell 60,000 for Craiova

Milan have sold close to 60,000 tickets for the return leg of their Europa League tie with CSU Craiova.

The Rossoneri lead 1-0 from the first leg in Romania, so must only avoid defeat to ensure their place in the play-off round.

According to Milan TV, 59,000 tickets have been sold for Thursday night’s game, the first competitive home game of the season.

After the takeover by Chinese investors, the Diavolo have spent big this summer and it appears the investment in the team has kindled the excitement of the fans.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday May 18 2017
Fassone discusses budgets, stadium

Milan CEO Marco Fassone spoke to shareholders, discussing transfers, budgets and the stadium.

The Rossoneri today approved a loss of €71.9m for the fiscal year 2016, and Fassone took questions from shareholders after the meeting.

It was confirmed that losses will also be made for the next financial year, and that the club will not return to profit for three years, according to MilanNews.

This is because the squad must be reinforced and sporting investments will be made.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday May 5 2017
‘San Siro meeting ASAP’

Milan confirm they want to address the issue of San Siro “as soon as possible”, having met the mayor today.

Two of the Rossoneri’s new directors, Han Li and Marco Fassone, met with Giuseppe Sala today, and the club has released a statement this evening.

“This afternoon at Palazzo Marino, David Han Li, Executive Director and board member of AC Milan; and Marco Fassone, CEO of AC Milan; met with the Mayor of Milan Giuseppe Sala,” the Diavolo announced on their website.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday May 5 2017
Milan owners meet mayor

Milan directors Han Li and Marco Fassone met the mayor of the city today, according to reports.

A Chinese consortium completed a takeover of the Rossoneri last month, and Li has been in Italy this week, attending Milanello yesterday to speak with Fassone.

Today MilanNews reports that the pair met with Giuseppe Sala, the mayor of Milan, at Palazzo Marino.

It’s thought the meeting was just an introduction, but having good relations with the city is important for the future of the club.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday April 18 2017
‘Inter want to be in world's top 10’

Vice-President Javier Zanetti says Suning Group want to take Inter to the point of being among the “best 10 in the world”.

The Chinese group completed a takeover of the Nerazzurri in June last year, and invested heavily in the transfer market.

However, after three changes on the bench the Beneamata currently sit seventh in Serie A, which would see them miss out on European football altogether if they were to finish the season there.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday March 29 2017
Inter wanted to buy San Siro?

It’s reported Inter wanted to buy San Siro outright, but there’s an agreement with Milan until 2030.

The Rossoneri had been planning to move out and build their own stadium in the Portello area of the city, but President Silvio Berlusconi ultimately pulled the plug on the project.

Currently the plan is for the two sides to continue sharing Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, but with improvements made to the old stadium.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday March 25 2017
Berlusconi: 'I'm here if needed'

Silvio Berlusconi says he will remain as President of Milan for as long as he is needed.

The 80-year-old has been on the verge of selling the club to the Sino-Europe Sports Group for several months, but completion of the takeover has been repeatedly delayed by the Chinese consortium's missing of payment deadlines.

Speaking to La Verita, the former Italian Prime Minister reiterated that while he still expects the deal to go through, he will continue at the helm should it not.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday March 16 2017
‘Inter want to renovate San Siro’

The mayor of Milan confirms Inter want to restructure San Siro but “they’re waiting for Milan’s ownership situation to be resolved”.

The two clubs share Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, and the Rossoneri abandoned a plan to build their own ground in the Portello area of the city.

That left the Nerazzurri furious, as they wanted to restructure the current stadium, but it appears that is still the intention.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday February 8 2017
Inter avoid stadium sanctions

Inter have avoided a closure of the Curva Nord for discriminatory chanting, the Lega Serie A has announced.

Offensive chants were heard during the Coppa Italia defeat to Lazio, but the Procuratore federale has decided after review that no punishment is warranted.

It was deemed that “the findings do now show a framework to implement a balanced and proportionate sanction relating to the actual scale and seriousness of the incident”.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday January 24 2017
Gullit: ‘Italy needs new stadia’

Ruud Gullit laments the low attendances in Serie A - “the problem is the old stadiums”.

The Dutchman gave a long interview to Gazzetta dello Sport today, and the Milan legend was asked for his view of the current Italian top flight.

“They don’t show it on television in Holland,” Gullit said.

“But it’s strange to see empty stadiums. There was a day I took my son to Milan-Cesena and he was like ‘what is this?’. There was no-one there.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds