Jose Holebas is back in talks with Watford to agree personal terms after threatening to wreck the move away from Roma.
The left-back did not disguise his irritation when Roma announced the €3m transfer on their official website.
“They arranged my transfer without asking me,” Holebas told gazzeta.gr on Friday.
“I haven’t signed anything yet, I have to see the contract first. I don’t know why this has happened, I know that both Roma and Watford announced my transfer, but they’d have to talk to my representatives first.
“I never said I wanted to leave Roma. I’ll sign after first agreeing to the terms of the contract.
“I can’t understand what’s happened, I came back from my holiday in Dubai, and everyone started telling me my transfer had been officially announced.
“I’m in Germany right now, how could I sign a contract?”
Having apparently now overcome the initial shock, Holebas is prepared to talk personal terms with Watford.
Sky Sport Italia are confident the move will go through as planned.